shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP WITH ENGAGEMENT RING !!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happygirl02

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m brand new to this site, just wanted to ask some questions, if anyone could help I would so greatly appreciate it!!!!

1. My bf and I are looking into buying a diamond and wedding band/setting online, perhaps from different websites. Having said that, does anyone know the reputation or have a prior history with the website: www.solomonbrothers.com? I know the band I want and they sell it, and so far, they have the best price (but we''re still looking).

2. I''ve always wanted a Princess cut, but how do you feel about Asscher diamonds? How do I decide?

3. Anyone have any experience buying diamonds from www.abazias.com?

4. How does MEG and EGL certification differ from and compare to GIA and AGS? Should I trust all of them?

5. As I understand from previous posts I have read, is the correct protocol include buying diamond from one place, having them send to appraiser that I choose, and then the appraiser sending it back to the original place which then sends it to the other place that the setting and band are bought from?

Any feedback would be great, thank you!!!!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Welcome-

Date:
12/19/2006 7:49:44 PM
Author:happygirl02
Hi everyone!

I''m brand new to this site, just wanted to ask some questions, if anyone could help I would so greatly appreciate it!!!!

1. My bf and I are looking into buying a diamond and wedding band/setting online, perhaps from different websites. Having said that, does anyone know the reputation or have a prior history with the website: www.solomonbrothers.com? I know the band I want and they sell it, and so far, they have the best price (but we''re still looking).

Try doing a search for Solomon Bros on the forum

2. I''ve always wanted a Princess cut, but how do you feel about Asscher diamonds? How do I decide?

Two very different looks - I love the Asscher - try going to jewelry stores and looking in general to get an idea of what appeals to you visually.

3. Anyone have any experience buying diamonds from www.abazias.com?

Again, try doing a search - my only experience was in the beginning I had them send me some grading reports on some stones. Only things I didn''t really like is that you have to contact them for every report you want, and no upgrade policy.

4. How does MEG and EGL certification differ from and compare to GIA and AGS? Should I trust all of them?

Yikes - big difference - I don''t even know what MEG is so that is a red flag already! EGL varies in reputation from EGL USA (better reputation than EGL elsewhere). At this point I would only buy AGS or GIA, and only would consider EGL USA if I had the stone in my own hand to eyeball myself and then could take it to an independent appraiser to verify. I had horrible experience with EGL Israel and will never purchase EGL elsewhere again. You can also search on EGL and find thread on that too.

5. As I understand from previous posts I have read, is the correct protocol include buying diamond from one place, having them send to appraiser that I choose, and then the appraiser sending it back to the original place which then sends it to the other place that the setting and band are bought from?

That is a possibility (although if you decided to keep the stone I would skip the appraiser sending it back to the vendor who sends it to the setter step) - or you could have it shipped to you first and you decide if it is worth taking to the appraiser (in other words if you don''t like it enough to even bother to get it appraised and just want to return it), and you don''t have to get the setting from the vendor that sold the stone - you can consider getting a setting locally too.

Any feedback would be great, thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results