shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with emerald cut three stone setting

eldoc1021

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here but have been reading some old threads to see what advice currently exists. I am hoping to propose to my girlfriend sometime in the next few months, who has been very involved in the process with me (she sent me this forum!).

Some key information: She loves the Ring Concierge emerald cut with trapezoid side stones (link: https://ringconcierge.com/products/...-stone-engagement-ring?variant=32118366273624), though we have yet to reach out to them. She really loves the very thin band and prongs around the diamond. We have a budget of around $15K and are looking for a 1.5-2 carat emerald cut center stone, though we are willing to go above our budget a bit to ensure we're super happy.

We've already visited a couple jewelers in our local area, but are worried that they won't be able to replicate the Ring Concierge's thin style. I've also read old threads where people say that the very thin bands won't hold up to everyday wear, but that maybe hand forged ones will be sturdier than cast settings. With that in mind, does anyone know of places in NYC that can put together something on the thinner side (around 1.5mm) that will last?

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
There’s a lot of metal in the style under the center & side stones that, so a thinner band (2mm) ) should be fine. I would not go to 1.5 as 2mm is pretty damn thin, honestly.

To the eye that half mm won’t seem like much, but to the actual integrity of the band, it’s a meaningful amount of metal. If she really wants something that ‘looks‘ thin, a knife edge is something else to consider. In a knife edge the width becomes the depth, essentially so when looking down you see the ‘edge’.

I can’t speak to NY designers/jewelers but David Klass in LA could probably do this If you aren’t dead set on NY.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Can't give you any advice but looked at the RC link that you provided and checked out their warranty policies - this alone would give me pause to choose a 1.5mm setting.
52BAA442-4433-4D03-AF3A-AAC3F07CA43B.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results