shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with decorations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
So now that we''ve decided on the reception venue, I''m having issues coming up with decoration ideas that don''t break the bank. Our reception is being held in a ballroom that''s rather plain - wood floors, no windows, white walls. The ceiling I''m having done in the lights and drape deal, but that''s as far as I''ve gotten. I don''t even really have a theme, just a general idea (its a spring wedding, so something spring-y) and my colors - lilac and mint green. Do any of you decorating divas out there have any ideas that could help with the changeover? I know I can''t do a lot with a ballroom that has no windows (it really limits my lighting) but any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!!!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Do you have photos of the ballroom. That might help to get us started.

Some of the sweeter themes I have seen lately that are not difficult to get your hands on are Birds ( love birds), Chandaliers (fantastic for a ballroom venue), Cameos (which I love!) and antique keys (think, The key to my heart)

glueck

Shiny_Rock
chandaliers

chandys.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Silhouettes... LOVE this!
http://www.weddingbeepro.com/2009/02/17/invitation-trend-silhouettes/

1-mok-d.jpg

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:09:05 PM
Author: glueck
Do you have photos of the ballroom. That might help to get us started.

Some of the sweeter themes I have seen lately that are not difficult to get your hands on are Birds ( love birds), Chandaliers (fantastic for a ballroom venue), Cameos (which I love!) and antique keys (think, The key to my heart)

This is a picture of what the ballroom looks like without any decorations.

Ballroom_with_full_lights_pic.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
ENDLESS POSSIBILITES!
Its a lovely space.

Now, tell me, is that SKY on the ceiling?
If so, BIRDS!!
Love this idea. Scroll down on this post... some Sweet ideas on the bird theme!

http://www.beau-coup.com/blog/inspiration/wedding-inspiration-birds

Centerpieces of Birdcages with flowers in them. I think Save on Crafts has them at great prices!

fndjwioc .jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Bird cages
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/birds.html

bevfabriccrafts_2004_190108305.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you like to DYI, paper tissues poms? Martha Stewart

You have a nice and tall space; use some really tall center pieces on skinny pedestals for half the tables, and leave the other half the tables with simpler lower center pieces to save on costs.

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys so much, those are great ideas! I''m going to put them down and see if I can build the beginning of a theme around them.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I would have never thought of the bird idea, but I have to say it is pretty cute and unique!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
You should do lines of paper cranes on fishing line and drape them. Plus they make a cheap decoration.

I am doing cranes as my place cards, first name on one wing and last name on another.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results