shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with contact lens

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
I am being fitted for contact lenses, but it is not easy. I have an astigmatism and bifocal vision needs. Can anyone recommend a contact lens for me that might be comfortable. I have tried softlens 66 amd vertex lenses which of course are toric lenses, but still have not found the prize. Any help out there?
26.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any ideas. Ask the dr. I have astigmatism and also need bifocals to read. I''m interested in what he suggests

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have the two sets, but am not comfortable. I suggested acuvue advance for astigmatism, but he says most of his patients are not comfortable. Hope for more responses. Thanks.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore gas permeable hard lenses until recently. I had a bifocal lense in one eye, with normal distance correction, and the other lense was crafted to maximize my distance vision. I loved this combination! (I also have a phenomenal optometrist who is willing to try something like this and will work with me until it works. He said that about 60% percent of his patients that try it can be fitted comfortably with bifocal lenses.) Unfortunately I''ve since developed an unrelated eye condition that''s pretty much forced me to wear glasses. My mother wears a soft bifocal lense in just one eye (not sure what brand) instead of using reading glasses.

Good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t need bifocal lenses but I do have astigmatism and am very nearsighted. I have used the soflens 66 torics by Bausch and Lomb for years. But there are better lenses on the market now. My doctor just advised me to switch to the Bausch and Lomb PureVision Toric. They let more air in so your eyes don''t dry out, you can wear ''em a month instead of 2 weeks, etc. I just started wearing them a month ago and am pleased with them.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to tell you that I sympathize with your situation. I had a terrible time finding contact lenses that were even slightly comfortable. Good luck with your search!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results