shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with colors!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

So we are a little stumped on our wedding colors. We know that we want to use a peacock feather as our inspiration. (I love the bright jewel tones that are in it) But we aren''t sure what colors to choose. We don''t want to go overboard and pick out EVERY color that we like so I was hoping to get your opinions to help us find a good direction to focus on. Something funky but elegant? (I know, kind of an oxymoron!)

3.gif

Some background: We will be getting married in the Spring and the wedding will be outdoors in a garden and the Reception will be poolside at a hotel. Ceremony at 4, cocktails at 5, reception from 6-10. It will be semi-formal attire. I was thinking either black bridesmaid dresses or bright blue? I''m worried that our colors wont be "spring-like" with using a peacock feather as inspiration, but I really like it! haha.

Any help or suggestions?

Here are some peacock photos that we are using as inpiration:

http://www.animalpicturegallery.net/animal-picture-peacock-Laurence-Shan.jpg

and

peacock-eye.jpg

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Here are some photos of the venues:

Ceremony. (The chairs will be under the oak tree and facing the house. They wont be set up this way)

n5207556_49155522_1239.jpg

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Ceremony location close up

n5207556_49155517_251.jpg

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ceremony venue! :)

I love the idea of using peacock feathers. Are you using actual feathers as accessories somehow? If so, I think using a bright color, like the bright blue, might be a little too much. What about using a dark plum or dark teal? They might help balance the colors a little bit and let the feathers shine.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Reception

r4390849320.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First, I love the idea! Those colors are awesome
36.gif

I think that bright blue bm dresses would be very fitting for a spring wedding.

You can definitely incorporate the colors in the flowers and accents, just I wouldn''t do all the colors in the same thing for everything. For example, use green, yellow and blue for the bouquets and centerpieces, purple (is there purple? when I think of jewel tones, I see purple) for the napkins...I don''t know
33.gif
I''m not very good at this stuff, but I just wouldn''t use all the colors for everything.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this?

I would pick two colors like the bright blue and lime green and maybe have an accent color like yellow/gold.

peacock_colored_wedding.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The venue looks gorgeous, very neutral colors so it could handle a good pop of color!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this will help?

peacock%20feather.jpg

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Musincy! I was thinking of a nice plum as well but then I was thinking that it may be too fall-like? Maybe if I punched it up with other brighter colors? Thanks so much for your suggestions! I really like the idea of a dark teal as well, but FI isn''t a big fan of teal.

7.gif

Here is another photo of the reception area. It''s pretty much a blank slate, which I love.

49308490.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ok, that didn't work. Let's try again....

ETA: UGH! Sorry! The wrong photo uploaded.

peacockfeathercolors.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Here it is!

colorsonapeacock.jpg

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone! I love the idea of the bright green and yellow and I love the idea of a purple in there as well. I love the last peacock feather photo, CDNinNYC. It has a nice color purple in it. Ahhhh, too many pretty colors! haha. I think the reception site would look best with deep jewel tones but I''d like to incorporate the bright colors as well (like the green and yellow) because they would look fabulous during the outdoor ceremony. haha. I''m still wishy-washy!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Oh that color pallette really helps! Thanks so much!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This color board picks up the purple in the peacock feather.

Peacockcolours.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love the peacock feather as inspiration! Another idea might be to put the girls in the deeper blue found in the center of the feather (in your photo), and use the lighter colors as accents. I'd also have them in a shimmery fabric, like a silk shantung or a dupioni to mimic the shimmer in the feather. Here's a shantung Watters Too BM gown in a color called Baltic that's a good match:

peacockwatters.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
This photo shows the depth of the color and the shimmer of the fabric a bit better:

shantungshim1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think a dark-ish peacock blue (like a teal) and chocolate with lime green accents would be amazing.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:00:56 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
++++1

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:00:56 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I love the color combo on this one!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The other ladies have given you wonderful color advice. I just wanted to add how gorgeous your venue is! I''m in love.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results