shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Citizen Jeans sizing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made a huge mistake and tried on designer jeans for the first time. I fell in love with a pair of Citizen of Humanity. I was told to buy them tight but how tight? The 27 fit me perfectly and were just slightly snug. I bought the 26s (b/c they told me too) but they are slightly uncomfortable. Will they stretch to the 27s and how long does that take?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're suppose to be skin tight because they will stretch out throughout the day, plus if you wear them more than once between washes you want to be sure they're still form fitting after that initial day. They will stretch to the 27s (most likely) until you wash them, then they'll be a bit snugger again and return closer to a 26 - I have no idea how that happens but mine always are much tighter after a wash - even though I line dry them. If the 27s were just slightly snug, after a day of wear, they will not be form fitting around your rear end (if that is the look you're hoping to maintain) and will appear closer to a 28. (FWIW, I usually wear my jeans 3 times before washing and want to keep them fitted so I buy them extra snug.)

All my jeans are tight but not to the point of discomfort. My suggestion would be if the 26s are uncomfortable and the 27s appear that they wouldn't be tight enough after a day of wear, then to try another brand. You can also try a couple other pairs of COH in a 26 because not all are cut the same and you may find another pair that are not as tight. When I try on jeans, I grab a few pairs of the same size to compare.

Remember to line dry your jeans to have them last longer!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC. This is confusing business! I am thinking I should exchange them. Stuff like this stresses me out! Haha. Now I am wondering if I could get away with hemming them BEFORE I wash them. I know I am suppose to wait but not sure how many trips to the mall I can stand.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always have them hemmed before I wash them. Right after I buy them, the seamstress is brought right on over and she measures me. It all comes down to *never* putting your jeans in the dryer. All of my designer jeans still are the same length because they are washed on delicate and then lined dried.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
How tight is too tight? Like you can zip them up fine and they are too tight to be really comfy or you have to lie on the bed and suck everything in to even get them to zip? If it''s the former-keep them. The latter-return and try on a few to either find the smallest 27 you can find or the biggest 26.

As to getting them hemmed make SURE of a few things.

1. If you don''t wash them before make sure the seamstress knows this so that they can make them a bit longer.

2. If you take them to someone (rather than the store''s own tailor who would know this) make sure to specify that you want the original hem reattached.

3. If you ever think you will put them in the dryer-and I mean ever-wash and dry them a few times before hemming. Otherwise they''ll shrink up the first time you put them in the dryer and they will be too short after that.

You might know some of this stuff already-but it''s stuff I have learned the hard way with expensive jeans.
40.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What style/wash did you buy? In my experience, it really varies a TON based on the brand and the wash how much they stretch out. I have COH Kelly bootcut jeans in Pacific blue wash, and they barely stretched at all. On the other hand, my Joe''s provocateur petite jeans in harvey wash stretch a lot.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
glad to hear that you gave into designer jeans, but they are very addicting!
when i bought citizens, i would never listened to the people cause i always knew what fit MY body. i know that they are supposed to stretch out as you wear them throughout the day, but i just didn''t like the way they fit when i first put them on. so i always bought them in my actual size. and some style citizen jeans or just jeans, don''t have as much of the stretchy material, so they just don''t stretch as much.
and i always get my pants hemmed before washing them with the original hem.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I can zip them up (w/o lying down or anything) but they are VERY tight on the waist and they are not flattering to my muffin top region. Haha. The 27s did not push me out (or should I say squeeze me) like the 26s. These are the jeans I bought. Also do you think I will get sick of the front pocket buttons? I think they are super cute *now* but wonder. Anyways, thanks again for all the advice and hand holding. This is all new for me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW when I look at the size chart there is now way I am a size 2 (which they say 26 is). Maybe that is why they are SUPER tight.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Those jeans are super cute.

I still haven''t give into designer jeans yet, but that''s only b/c I''ve been keeping myself from trying them on. B/c I know I''ll be hooked if I ever do try them. =P M has a pair of True Religion that my mom got her, and I was thinking of buying a pair to match her.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, only try then if you are willing to spend b/c the are amazing. I felt so good in them and since I still have some baby weight left on me I rarely feel good these days. I already told DH they are my b-day gift.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Adorable, T! I love them.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Citizens jeans--even had a maternity pair!! I would probably stick with the 26s unless you are REAAALLLLLLY uncomfortable in them. But they definitely stretch. Get them hemmed before washing and never put them in the dryer. I'm glad you're treating yourself--you deserve it!
1.gif

BTW, qt, my absolute favorites are True Religion. I splurged and bought a pair and love, love, love them. I was able to wear them right after giving birth too because they are so low rise that there is no muffin top!!! I wanted to get a pair for Lily but I'm too cheap to spend that much on my kids who will grow out of them in a month!!
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 11:05:55 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
BTW when I look at the size chart there is now way I am a size 2 (which they say 26 is). Maybe that is why they are SUPER tight.
Maybe it depends upon your hip size? I''m a size 2 and my COHs are a 25. The 26 may be closer to a size 4. I have no hips and that is why the 25s fit. I do have a tummy though. . .(probably should get a tuck!
7.gif
)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 10:34:16 PM
Author: curlygirl
I LOVE Citizens jeans--even had a maternity pair!! I would probably stick with the 26s unless you are REAAALLLLLLY uncomfortable in them. But they definitely stretch. Get them hemmed before washing and never put them in the dryer. I''m glad you''re treating yourself--you deserve it!
1.gif
Yep, the option of using the dryer is a luxury one must give up after buying designer jeans!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still on the fence ladies. Fell like I am over thinking this one. So most of you never put your jeans in the dryer? Aren''t they stiff?

MC, I have hips for sure. I was just surprised to see that chart b/c I haven''t been a size 2 since my wedding day (I am about 8lbs heavier now). That made me think I was picking the wrong size b/c they are very tight. Do they stretch out in the matter of hours...or close to a day? Guess it is hard to guess.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hang the jeans from a pants hanger and after they''re dry, I iron them to soften them up. They don''t look weirdly pressed or anything!

I''d say by the end of the day, most of my jeans start to stretch a bit. . .it depends upon what I''m doing. I take them off if I''m doing activities such as gardening because I do not want the knees stretched out.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, you are a wealth of knowledge. So today I went back to the mall. This time I went up to a SA and said I needed help (and a little hand holding). She was so sweet. I ended up exchanging the ones I bought for another pair of citizens of humanity jeans amber jeans in a different style. They are more casual (w/o the front buttons) so I think they are more me. She said my rear looked best so I trusted her. Haha. I also tried on some Joe''s which kinda flattened my bottom except some with back pocket flaps. I also stayed with the 26 with her advice. I pick them up next Saturday! Yay!!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 8:45:05 PM
MC, you are a wealth of knowledge. So today I went back to the mall. This time I went up to a SA and said I needed help (and a little hand holding). She was so sweet. I ended up exchanging the ones I bought for another pair of citizens of humanity jeans amber jeans in a different style. They are more casual (w/o the front buttons) so I think they are more me. She said my rear looked best so I trusted her. Haha. I also tried on some Joe''s which kinda flattened my bottom except some with back pocket flaps. I also stayed with the 26 with her advice. I pick them up next Saturday! Yay!!!!

Oh I''m glad you went back to try on other ones - when you spend that much money on jeans you should LOVE LOVE LOVE them and not have any doubts.

I also think they style you ended up with looks great - classic and flattering!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oct, I agree! I felt kinda of pathetic and needy (which is never a good feeling) but I just wanted to pick the perfect pair. It is amazing how different each brand looked on me. Now I am hoping I picked the right length but at least I went on the long side so I could always get them shortened again. The SA gave me her card for the future. Maybe x-mas is the next time I can convince DH. Haha. Obviously I NEED one long pair for heels and one short pair for flip flops!
27.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 3:36:24 PM
Oct, I agree! I felt kinda of pathetic and needy (which is never a good feeling) but I just wanted to pick the perfect pair. It is amazing how different each brand looked on me. Now I am hoping I picked the right length but at least I went on the long side so I could always get them shortened again. The SA gave me her card for the future. Maybe x-mas is the next time I can convince DH. Haha. Obviously I NEED one long pair for heels and one short pair for flip flops!
27.gif

Of course you need a pair for heels and a pair for flip flops. And a dark pair for fancy, and a lighter pair for summer, and...
2.gif
31.gif
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 4:16:22 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 6/7/2009 3:36:24 PM

27.gif

Of course you need a pair for heels and a pair for flip flops. And a dark pair for fancy, and a lighter pair for summer, and...
2.gif
31.gif
27.gif

I know! DH is in so much trouble. They actually had a bunch 30% off but of course none of them were COHs. I will have to keep my eye out for good sales.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Rue La La will be offering Citizen jeans tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results