shape
carat
color
clarity

Help. What cut is my inherited diamond?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi. On my wedding day in Oct 2019 I inherited my grandmas diamond necklace. As I don't wear pendant much I am thinking about moving the main diamond into an antique style ring I will actually wear. I know it is not a modern round brilliant cut, but it could be OEC or Transitional? The table is not small, but wider. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks :)

20200201_202732.jpg 20200201_203106.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I am no expert, but I think it looks transitional and maybe a touch of early modern round brilliant.

hope others will chime in.

Congrats on nuptials and also that pendant/ ring conversion!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, and an early round brillant I’m guessing.
It would be easier and more cost effective to simply add the pendant, in its entirety, to a ring shank.
i think it was a ring before it was turned to a pendant.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks transitional to me. An OEC could have a large table too (mine did because it was a spready stone) but this faceting pattern looks a lot like the stone in my avatar which is transitional. Sometimes appraisers will say early round brilliant/transitional.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, and an early round brillant I’m guessing.
It would be easier and more cost effective to simply add the pendant, in its entirety, to a ring shank.
i think it was a ring before it was turned to a pendant.i

Thanks. I was thinking that to about the pendant to how it seemed like it was a ring first. I am actually not a huge fan of just a halo ring and white on white (I like color), and now I have a diamond that will actually fit a setting I have loved for a while :).

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A target ring with a CS halo?

DK ;))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fabulous
And congradulations
Its going to be beautiful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results