shape
carat
color
clarity

Help-wedding reception site needed in South Bay (Palos Verdes, Redondo, San Pedro)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
we are looking for a wedding reception site in the south bay area. Our wedding is small and want something relatively close to Wayfarer''s Chapel (our wedding spot-they do not allow receptions there).

We have looked to Simon''s banquet hall in San Pedro which is ok. we are looking for other options.
Ports o'' Call (looks like the timing won''t work)... our group is around 50 so it''s small. Any ideas??
thanks all

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hey cruiserhead, I live in Pedro. How about:
22nd Street Landing
Marcello Tuscany restaurant
Chart House, Redondo Beach
Admiral Risty (This is the closest venue to WC).

This is a non-restaurant site, you''d have to arrange catering-but it''s a lovely spot:
The Plaza at Cabrillo Marina

Oh, and one more! This one''s a little different, it''s the Point Vicente Interpretive Center, just down the street from Wayfarer''s. I was there a couple weeks ago and they were hosting a wedding reception in this beautiful room overlooking the ocean. You can whale watch while celebrating your wedding.

cruiserhead

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replys,

Selkie, we are strongly considering Marcello but I am finding mixed to bad reviews of their food. Have you eaten there recently?
We like it a lot but feeling like we are taking a risk with what I have read so far. What do you think or have heard?

we did check herecomestheguide, it was helpful

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I think I last ate there about a year ago. The food has always been good when I've gone, but the service is often slow though the servers are personable. I don't think that would be as much of an issue with a private banquet, but who knows. I definitely recommend going there to check it out. They have great seafood, and my husband loved the pork chop he had last time we were there.

It's a really beautiful space, as you can tell from the pics.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i was going to suggest the point vicente interpretive center as well. I''ve seen some great receptions in there. There is always Trumps, which is beautiful and you probably could do the small restaurant upstairs instead of a banquet room and order through the restaurant. It would be more reasonable if not still pretty $$$.

As you know most places in PV are pretty pricey. I dont know San Pedro at all, but Chart House is nice (i want to say Tgal had her reception there) and I dont know if you know it but the only Cheesecake Factory with a banquet facility is the one in Redondo and it has a gorgeous view of the marina.

Sorry I''m not much help, but its nice to see my local area discussed!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2008 12:58:08 AM
Author: msflutter
Sorry I''m not much help, but its nice to see my local area discussed!

It is cool! I didn''t get married locally, but if I had it probably would have been at Wayfarers and I would have considered all of the above venues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results