shape
carat
color
clarity

[Help wanted] First time buyer looking advice

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Very sorry, OP and @Texas Leaguer ! I thought PS *weren't* in house, and therefore didn't qualify. Totally wrong, my mistake!!

I think you just got confused with VS - virtual selection. So many acronyms; an honest mistake ... ACA, ES, PS, VS .... I was getting ES and PS mixed up for awhile, lol

Synonym

Rough_Rock
Hi DBacker,
I’m hoping you’ve talked with your partner about her engagement ring preferences. You mentioned that you intend to purchase a yellow gold setting. Although yellow gold is beautiful, most women prefer white gold or platinum for an engagement ring. So double check on that.

You also mentioned the words “good deal” in your attempts to get more bang for your buck. I think one way to do that is to look at the Expert Selection and Premium Select lines that Whiteflash offers. Those diamonds are so beautiful, but don’t quite meet the A Cut Above standards of that top brand. My daughter has an ES diamond and that thing flashes at me from across the room.

Finally, one last thought. Take your time and keep saving. Men are often willing to spend big money on a new car or truck whose years are numbered. This diamond will likely be worn for a lifetime and then handed down to a child or family member. Get that 1.7+ carat you are aiming for and good luck!!

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
@Synonym thanks for the advice.

Think I found one guys:

1.59 ct
I color
VS2
1.2 on HCA
Under 10k.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067958.htm

this looks great. let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Hmmm. For some reason I can’t find the link to the certificate ...

However, this is Virual Selection and comes with none of the WF perks ... not an in-house diamond ...

It is the Expert Selection that are ACA near misses, and the Premium Selection is the rest of their in-house inventory. I think those are the ones you’re looking for.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Synonym thanks for the advice.

Think I found one guys:

1.59 ct
I color
VS2
1.2 on HCA
Under 10k.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067958.htm

this looks great. let me know what you guys think. Thanks
How did you get an HCA score? I can't click on the cert so can't see anything other than table and depth. Also, that's a sample image, so you have no idea what the stone looks like or what it's perforamnce is. This is a virtual stone,so there's no WF advantage or upgrade policy, and it's GIA so you need an ASET OR IS to determine light performance.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results