shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Vw bus, field, winter moon and stars...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

customandrew

Rough_Rock
Hey all!

Getting ready to propose in december and I just have some desires to seek out some help, especially from you women!

Anyways, I got a 1.31c rb in an 18k swan that I am going to present her.

We are both students and have been dating for a year and a half...we talk of our engagement often and neither of us can wait. We are both very excited and I have been telling her that I am going to do it in 2009, but at the same time I have wanted an element of surprise to be somewhat evident...which has me thinking december.

We met and dated for a month and as we were sitting in my 1975 bus in a field next to my house and I tried to kiss her and she "racked" me. It wasnt funny at the time but obviously it is hilarious now...I want to play off of that moment. this field is very special...we carved a tree there, we told eachother that we liked eachother there, weve picknicked and painted there...its a special place for us.

I was thinking of going out for a nice dinner and then coming back into town to be together in our field. Im planning on it being just before sunset as its gorgeous and getting on top of the bus with a blanket and watch it fall as we talk about all of our stories and future. I hope to have a scrapbook present and some records in my diaries copied into it along with pictures...

As it begins to get dark, Im hoping that I can rig a set of garden lamps(solarpowered) to light up a path across the field weaving through the hay bales. Where the path ends I am planing on setting out a blanket with lillies and daisies scattered around its border and pictures of us ontop of the blanket. As we get ready to sit down I will get on one knee and propose and prepare to spend a while looking at pictures and hugging one another before going back to my house, 300 yards away, to meet up with our families that have become friends!

let me know what you think please!
I appreciate your thoughts soo much...

1.gif

customandrew

Rough_Rock
heres a pic of me and the bus in the field.

i forgot to mention we are in nw arkansas and december will be somewhat cold...

n502992806_1376_4406.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely PERFECT!

I would LOVE that!

LS

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I like the concept - just one question: will you have enough time in December to get dinner and watch the sunset afterwards? It sounds to me like you may need to skip the dinner... or have it after the proposal. Or skip the watching the sunset part, but then you lose the effect of the lightpath coming up

On an even more practical note - I have no idea how cold is "cold" in NW Arkansas, but you may want to set up a couple of thermos flasks with some hot beverage and some loose blankets together with the flowers. It''s a very romantic idea, and it''s a shame to get this important time together curtailed by something as silly as being both blipping cold (not to mention dripping noses and sneezes the next day).

customandrew

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/3/2008 7:02:43 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
I like the concept - just one question: will you have enough time in December to get dinner and watch the sunset afterwards? It sounds to me like you may need to skip the dinner... or have it after the proposal. Or skip the watching the sunset part, but then you lose the effect of the lightpath coming up

On an even more practical note - I have no idea how cold is ''cold'' in NW Arkansas, but you may want to set up a couple of thermos flasks with some hot beverage and some loose blankets together with the flowers. It''s a very romantic idea, and it''s a shame to get this important time together curtailed by something as silly as being both blipping cold (not to mention dripping noses and sneezes the next day).

this is what i need! thank you sooo much.

maybe i could prepare a fire after the proposal to add warmth and light for the photos and flowers...

It is getting dark at 6:30 here so maybe we will just celebrate with drinks over there and enjoy dinner afterwards and then come back to my parents? or should i just skip dinner? idk...input?

priorities: bus, sunset, lightpath to cozy proposal.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
What about a sunrise instead? Could you then arrange things so you have breakfast after the proposal/watching the sunrise? You''d still get your priorities in, including the moon....

just a thought...

LS

hillaryr

Rough_Rock
First of all: super romantic & I love the idea :)

I''d make dinner a low priority-- maybe dinner afterward. Some hot spiced cider in thermoses, maybe with a bit of apple brandy mixed in, something warm and sweet with cozy blankets. Proposal and cuddling, then join the family for fun-- you might end up being too nervous to eat dinner anyway, and then she''d really know something was up.

But, to set the stage, maybe find a nice or unique restaurant that you have to have an excuse to get dressed up for (there will be tons of photos post engagement) and maybe one kinda far out so that it makes sense to leave early so that you can spend some time in the field.

You may even want to tell her the reason for going out to the field is that you found something cool out there you want to show her, or that you have an early x-mas present?

How cool! Can''t wait to hear how it all unfolds & congrats! :D

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
The only issue with the sunrise plan is that you''d lose the "magical path" idea - the lights will either go off or not be nearly as visible once the sun is risen.

customandrew - I have tried to work out the timing the way I would do it:

If you get to the field by 6-ish, so you can set up the bus stage and look at the sunset for a few minutes, it''s quickly going to get to 6.30
6.35 - the light path appears - you ask her to come with you to the magical place beyond...
6.40 - you have found the flowers
6.45 - you have proposed. It''s now quite dark. Light the fire, switch off the lights (except the path - you don''t want a broken ankle...), and huddle under the blankets. Champagne? Hot coffee? Root beer?
28.gif

7.40 - time to get moving back towards either dinner or home

If you can go for dinner at 8.00, as a fairly "formal" dinner out, I''d go for dinner now, and get back to your parents afterwards for a goodnight drink. I have no idea if that is feasible or in character.

If either of you has to get up early the next morning, you may want to rethink the dinner for a later occasion. If that''s the case, perhaps you and your family can organise some finger food together with a celebratory drink at your home, without necessarily going for a full dinner.

I''m almost regretting having already got married - this could be fun!

customandrew

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/4/2008 5:30:43 PM
Author: hillaryr
First of all: super romantic & I love the idea :)

I''d make dinner a low priority-- maybe dinner afterward. Some hot spiced cider in thermoses, maybe with a bit of apple brandy mixed in, something warm and sweet with cozy blankets. Proposal and cuddling, then join the family for fun-- you might end up being too nervous to eat dinner anyway, and then she''d really know something was up.

But, to set the stage, maybe find a nice or unique restaurant that you have to have an excuse to get dressed up for (there will be tons of photos post engagement) and maybe one kinda far out so that it makes sense to leave early so that you can spend some time in the field.

You may even want to tell her the reason for going out to the field is that you found something cool out there you want to show her, or that you have an early x-mas present?

How cool! Can''t wait to hear how it all unfolds & congrats! :D

the low priority dinner is what I am starting to think...I think she would much rather share with her family afterwards but well have to see... when she gets excited she sometimes forgets she is hungry haha... but definitely need to get her dressed for picture:)

Date: 11/4/2008 5:46:43 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
If you get to the field by 6-ish, so you can set up the bus stage and look at the sunset for a few minutes, it''s quickly going to get to 6.30

6.35 - the light path appears - you ask her to come with you to the magical place beyond...

6.40 - you have found the flowers

6.45 - you have proposed. It''s now quite dark. Light the fire, switch off the lights (except the path - you don''t want a broken ankle...), and huddle under the blankets. Champagne? Hot coffee? Root beer?
28.gif

7.40 - time to get moving back towards either dinner or home

If you can go for dinner at 8.00, as a fairly ''formal'' dinner out, I''d go for dinner now, and get back to your parents afterwards for a goodnight drink. I have no idea if that is feasible or in character.

If either of you has to get up early the next morning, you may want to rethink the dinner for a later occasion. If that''s the case, perhaps you and your family can organise some finger food together with a celebratory drink at your home, without necessarily going for a full dinner.

I''m almost regretting having already got married - this could be fun!

this is about perfect oldmancoyote! thanks soo much...

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
You are most welcome!

Keep us posted. And we want pics. Of you, of her, of you both, and of the ring of course!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results