shape
carat
color
clarity

Help us decide on a Tux color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
We like them both for different reasons. FI still needs to go into the Tux rental place and try the Latte color on to make sure it looks okay w/his skin tone. The Gray and Navy I know will be awesome. We are getting married at 10:30 on a Sunday morning so we wanted dressy but light. I think the light gray fits the bill.

We love the Latte because it blends so nice with the bridesmaids dresses. The Navy pulls out the Navy beading in the bridesmaids dress and, when it is side by side with just my dress it looks better than the latte side by side with my dress. Not sure if it because it pops more and is not so blendy?

Opinions greatly appreciated...

Latte Tux1.JPG

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
here is the Navy. The pic makes the navy tie and vest look different navy colors. They are the exact match in RL

navytux2.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous tux! The first color looks much better in my opinion.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
thank You for your reply meresal. I knew when I walked into the Tux place that this was going to be the one. They said it''s new to the line and it isn''t even in the catalogs or on internet site yet.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one better too!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like the contrast of the navy vest. They are both nice choices.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:07:27 PM
Author: meresal
That is a gorgeous tux! The first color looks much better in my opinion.

I agree- I like the latte vest and tie.

AndieRN13

Rough_Rock
I love the first one you posted :)

The second tux pic you posted looks like one of The Librarian suits !

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1!!!!! For sure....

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to add that the shirt under the suit is white and we would do an ivory shirt not white.

Latte is winning. FI is leaning Latte as well.

The comment about the Navy looking like a librarian suit did make me look at it differently. Makes me see it as stuffy when I look at it now....hmmmmm

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Do you like the way it looks with the latte vest and the navy tie? In my head it looks good. But, I also really like the all latte look, too.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
okay..... that option never came to mind...but, Maybe?
I don''t know....I do think I need to go back to the tux store and try that combo though.

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 10:18:39 PM
Author: katamari
Do you like the way it looks with the latte vest and the navy tie? In my head it looks good. But, I also really like the all latte look, too.
Kind of like this???
1.gif

zzimg1.jpg

zzimg2.jpg

What do you think, Lauralu?

PS It's kind of difficult to get the actual idea of the colors because the store's lighting is so warm...obviously the grey of the suit looks rather brownish...here's the best I could do
zzimg1a.jpg

zzimg2a.jpg

honey22

Ideal_Rock
#1 - very classy!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Wow newsboysgrl777 thank you :) Really thank you so much. This is very helpful! You saved me a trip back to the store as well. I am not sure how I feel about it seeing it though. Although my brain is kinda mush at the moment so I may be incapable of choosing...... right now anyway.

Yes the lighting in the store and the camera did not capture the gray suit color when paired with the latte vest. In RL the satin edging on the suit did turn a little latte with the Latte vest and tie though. the suit stayed gray. If that makes sense. It looked gorgeous though. Funny how colors when combined can change.

We tried putting gray vest''s under the gray suit and everyone of them looked lavender!!

You can see in the Navy pic how gray the suit really is. Your photoshop of the gray suit with the latte vest and navy tie you did is close,just a little darker.

I think the answer will come when FI goes and tries them on and we see what looks the best on him as well as next to my dress. I m going to have to make him close his eyes and stand next to it.

Oie.......my brain...

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
okay
FI just shot down the 3 color combo. He thinks it is too much. To many different colors......good to know!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I like this one actually...it looks beautiful with the beading on the BM dressses

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Lauralu, I also vote for the first variation. I agree that while the three color combo is nice, it sits on the border of making the whole outfit more costumey. The first photo grouping, is the most romantic imho.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:54:33 AM
Author: lauralu
Wow newsboysgrl777 thank you :) Really thank you so much. This is very helpful! You saved me a trip back to the store as well. I am not sure how I feel about it seeing it though. Although my brain is kinda mush at the moment so I may be incapable of choosing...... right now anyway.

Yes the lighting in the store and the camera did not capture the gray suit color when paired with the latte vest. In RL the satin edging on the suit did turn a little latte with the Latte vest and tie though. the suit stayed gray. If that makes sense. It looked gorgeous though. Funny how colors when combined can change.

We tried putting gray vest's under the gray suit and everyone of them looked lavender!!

You can see in the Navy pic how gray the suit really is. Your photoshop of the gray suit with the latte vest and navy tie you did is close,just a little darker.

I think the answer will come when FI goes and tries them on and we see what looks the best on him as well as next to my dress. I m going to have to make him close his eyes and stand next to it.

Oie.......my brain...
WAIT... the tux is grey??? My opinion has changed, in all honesty I think you have to use the blue. And personally I think the navy blue will look much better with a grey tux IRL. The tux pictures that you posted look like a tan color, which is much warmer than grey and matches latte better.

ETA: If I can also recommend not using the Ivory shirt if you go with the blue vesttie. Again, ivory is a warm color and just won't match visually with a cool grey color and a cool blue.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the contrast you get with the blue tie/vest!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to say the first one - that's a lovely tux! I like the first better because i think it really pairs well with the color your dress - together they have a lovely vintage feel to them....almost like the sepia setting on a camera. I love the whole look - i vote latte!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
number 1 :)

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
okay I think I may have confused some a little in my post. Trying to explain the colors.

Yes the Tux is gray

When paired with the Latte Vest and Tie the Gray suit does change and throw a hint of latte in the mix of the tux which is so unusual. the satin edging on the tux actually does, from the distance look latte. Everyone there said the same thing. It is a new tux and they have not had much experience pairing it with colors and are learning what looks good with it. I have silver threads on my dress and iridescent beading in the embroidery as well which does not show in the photos.... so gray was a choice I wanted and hoped they had, and they did! The latte was a surprise as I had no idea what color besides navy we would try under the suit.

Than along came Navy....Paired with the Navy vest and tie and white shirt. It definitely lmakes the suit look it''s color..... gray. Instead of blending we have color pop!

I think that may be the big difference between the two?

everyone at the tux store was very torn between the two

I do like the thought of it looking vintage though with the Latte.

Thanks for all the replies so far!!!! You are all so much help and it''s fun to see others thoughts and opinions.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:08:59 AM
Author: lauralu
okay

FI just shot down the 3 color combo. He thinks it is too much. To many different colors......good to know!!!

Yeah, it didn''t quite pan out to be as good as I thought it would. At least you found out through photoshop. I would have hated for you to go to have had to go to the shop to find out.

I think I am also changing my vote after finding out the suit is gray for the navy tie--especially with an ivory shirt. Are your photos going to be outside or inside? I think the non-natural light is yellowing it a bit in the store, and that is what is making it look latte. In natural light, the gray and latte might not look as complimentary.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results