shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Trying to choose 1.75 cttw studs!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
I starting my search for 1.75-2cttw lab stud earrings. Id like to stay around $2200ish for the stones in 6-8 prong setting. (I might end up having them set by my jeweler in a Stuller setting)

Im debating on getting 2 Lightbox stones, or trying to find a stones with a better cut, even if they are smaller?

Any suggestions would be great! There are such wonderful pricescopers here with great suggestions!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
So you have a minimum color and clarity In mind?

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Clarity im open, definately want to keep them white and bright!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
So 1.75 ctw is your minimum? If you order light box stones while a great deal you’ll end up with a questionable cut. Good or very good unless you go with light box finest which is much more expensive. Lets see what the experts @Kim N and @DejaWiz can dig up for you.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
So 1.75 ctw is your minimum? If you order light box stones while a great deal you’ll end up with a questionable cut. Good or very good unless you go with light box finest which is much more expensive. Lets see what the experts @Kim N and @DejaWiz can dig up for you.

Id like 1.75 to be my min! I was looking at ADiamor, and they have great stones! Im just not knowledgeable enough to choose a quality stones!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Check out B2C Jewels, as well.
They have a coupon code for 1% off all loose LGD...LABNOW.

I think you'll be able to get near or surpass the 2ctw mark with your budget.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! These prices are very good. Ive never heard of B2C Jewels, are they reputable?

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

These prices are great!! It’s annoying you can’t view the certs though to assess cut.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
These prices are great!! It’s annoying you can’t view the certs though to assess cut.

That is what I’m nervous about! I don’t want to purchase something without knowing its a great cut!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
That is what I’m nervous about! I don’t want to purchase something without knowing its a great cut!

You’re right about cut is the most important. Don’t sacrifice on cut.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock

I looked at these from B2C, they look a little grey? It might just be the background color? Thank you for your help!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple more I found although I like the proportions slightly better on the first pair I posted D746DBF4-D304-49B7-8F5C-FD78DCAE7EFC.png 43DC803A-F24F-41CF-BC0C-BA8D093FB435.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! These prices are very good. Ive never heard of B2C Jewels, are they reputable?

Yes, they are a PriceScope vetted vendor.

I copy and cert the cert numbers from B2C into IGI's site.

I looked at these from B2C, they look a little grey? It might just be the background color? Thank you for your help!

Definitely the photography environment.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
They were really great to work with!!!

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
They were really great to work with!!!

ahh, why is this so hard lol! Im looking at 3 options for the same price, two different vendors!

1.68, 2.08, or 2.30. It should be easy right! Im thinking the 2.3 might be too big, but they are the same price as the 2.08...

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
ahh, why is this so hard lol! Im looking at 3 options for the same price, two different vendors!

1.68, 2.08, or 2.30. It should be easy right! Im thinking the 2.3 might be too big, but they are the same price as the 2.08...

It all boils down to spread. My stones are 6.6mm. Plenty big enough for me. I wouldn’t want any bigger but I’m only 5’ 2”. Only you can decide if 2.3 is ok for your lifestyle. How big are your earlobes? What are the stats of the ones you’re looking at?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The the diameter difference is as little as 0.2mm, then it will likely be a noticable increase in spread.

chere

Shiny_Rock
Im debating on getting 2 Lightbox stones, or trying to find a stones with a better cut, even if they are smaller?

I love my Lightbox stud resets. They were appraised as F/G, VS2, Excellent cuts.

Lightbox has a 20% off sale this week. I would order them now while they are in-stock and then take your time deciding what you want to do. You can return them if you change your mind. It might take a bit of leg work to get your taxes back if you're an international shopper.

Order at least 2 pairs so you can pick the studs you want to keep.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
It all boils down to spread. My stones are 6.6mm. Plenty big enough for me. I wouldn’t want any bigger but I’m only 5’ 2”. Only you can decide if 2.3 is ok for your lifestyle. How big are your earlobes? What are the stats of the ones you’re looking at?
[/QUOTE

I’m

I love my Lightbox stud resets. They were appraised as F/G, VS2, Excellent cuts.

Lightbox has a 20% off sale this week. I would order them now while they are in-stock and then take your time deciding what you want to do. You can return them if you change your mind. It might take a bit of leg work to get your taxes back if you're an international shopper.

i actually tried to do that, and use the 20% off, but it didnt work on the studs or loose diamonds.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock

I have a pair of cheapy moissanites that should be 1 ct each, but im going to check the spread with caliper tomorrow and go from there. They are a bit large on my ears ( I too am only 5'2"!). Hopefully then I can make a decision! Thank you for your help!

chere

Shiny_Rock
i actually tried to do that, and use the 20% off, but it didnt work on the studs or loose diamonds.

Aww too bad. I think you can still get 10% off if you subscribe to emails.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

I love your light box resets too!! They are gorgeous!

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of cheapy moissanites that should be 1 ct each, but im going to check the spread with caliper tomorrow and go from there. They are a bit large on my ears ( I too am only 5'2"!). Hopefully then I can make a decision! Thank you for your help!

If you think 2 ctw are too big ( assuming they are the standard 6.5 mm or so ) I would go down to .95 each or around 6.3mm and they should be perfect. Please come bank and let us know what you decide please!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I can't get LightBox to load for either their loose stone or pre-mounted stud product pages for their 1ct Finest options, so the site is either getting hammered right now or they are out of stock. Would come out to $2800 *after* the 20% off discount for a pair of 2ctw Finest studs, which I find a touch on the steep side for not getting to pick the actual color, clarity, and proportions/angles.

Went through some options and narrowed down a list of potentials from B2C, if you want to take a closer look at any of these...I was not able to get the videos to load on a lot of diamonds, so I could not rule out things like blue nuance or potential facet wonkiness.

B2C 1ct options.png

Here is the link to B2C's 14K WG stud settings:

Last edited:

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I can't get LightBox to load for either their loose stone or pre-mounted stud product pages for their 1ct Finest options, so the site is either getting hammered right now or they are out of stock. Would come out to $2800 *after* the 20% off discount for a pair of 2ctw Finest studs, which I find a touch on the steep side for not getting to pick the actual color, clarity, and proportions/angles.

Went through some options and narrowed down a list of potentials from B2C, if you want to take a closer look at any of these...I was not able to get the videos to load on a lot of diamonds, so I could not rule out things like blue nuance or potential facet wonkiness.

B2C 1ct options.png

Here is the link to B2C's 14K WG stud settings:

These are fantastic finds !!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results