shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, Teal dress, what color Shoes???????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think matching lip and nail colors are passe, but that is my take. I tend to be really boring about my nails. I do french or very pale nude tones, and only do a dark red for evening. Toes are light in summer (pale pink with more coverage (more opaque) than my hands, and then I do really deep tones burgundies etc on my toes in the fall. Are your shoes going to be open? For hands versus nails, you could do something like a french, but it may not be dressy enough. I just tend to chip dark polish so I nearly always stick to french, but a subtle one. This way my makeup never conflicts either. You can keep similar tones and color families but matchy matchy does look a bit dated to me. also bruise easily, so watch out banging into things! Sorry you had to head home, but you still have time and you will look amazing I am sure...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yep, i agree. no stockings. no matchy lip/nail color.
i would do a clear nail color or a sheer pale pink color.
i don''t really do dark lip color, so i''d do a nude lip color.
so, i guess they could match, but that''s not the intent.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YOU all are such a big help. I never know what women my age are wearing anymore. I will be 58 next month. In fact, my bday is the day after the reunion. Some of my friends will be celebrating with me at breakfast in the morning. That should be so much fun.

DF, yes my shoes are open toes.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
linda, i have to say i think it''s awesome when i see older women not wearing nylons...so many of them still have that old mentality of it''s only proper to wear stockings out of the house kind of thing...but i think that women look so much better without nylons!!! but then i am of the whole california mentality where i like to see ''natural'' skin over anything else.

your dress, shoes, makeup sounds fab!! sera i should have you give me suggestions on what i should be wearing for makeup, i hardly wear any and when i do... i always wonder if i am really ''enhancing'' anything or just playing with crayons ala colors i like, hahaha.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mara. I told my 81 year old mom I wasn''t going to wear nylons and she was "OH NO, you are kidding me right?" ha ha ha ha ha

I know what you mean about California. I love living here!!!!!!!!

I look forward to meeting you at the next SF get together
36.gif

Linda

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any news?

I suggest going, if you can, and having someone do your makeup in the colors you would wear with the dress. Describe it or even bring it with you. Either go to the brand you like, or approach someone whose look you like. If they look good chances are they will do a good job. Most lines do your makeup for free or with a purchase, so I would ask but it is worth trying. It helps for them to see your features and coloring, and really see the colors of the outfit. Again they are not matching anything, but seeing your complexion undertones and the color of your hair and the outfit. Also, you really cannot wear stockings with a sandal, you would see the hosiery over your toes! Just keep your legs moisturized and really carefully apply the glow stuff (it is not necessarily a self tanner but it adds a glow and bumps up your normal skin tone a bit)

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 9:48:17 PM
Author: Mara
linda, i have to say i think it''s awesome when i see older women not wearing nylons...so many of them still have that old mentality of it''s only proper to wear stockings out of the house kind of thing...but i think that women look so much better without nylons!!! but then i am of the whole california mentality where i like to see ''natural'' skin over anything else.

I''m in Cali too... maybe that''s why I don''t see nylons.

your dress, shoes, makeup sounds fab!! sera i should have you give me suggestions on what i should be wearing for makeup, i hardly wear any and when i do... i always wonder if i am really ''enhancing'' anything or just playing with crayons ala colors i like, hahaha.
LOL... sure, any time... I love make-up. When doing youth ministry I did the stage make-up, the proms... and for two girls who had graduated, their weddings :) I have fair skin and it''s sensitive- so I have tried a LOT of make-up and learned through trial and error. I also order 99% of my make-up through Sephora, so I get a lot of samples.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great Idea DF, I just may do that!!!!!!

What about Jewelry. Should I wear my Padparadscha Sapphire necklace. It is in 18k White gold and my Diamond Studs OR my Tahitian necklace, earrings, bracelet and ring, that are in 14K yellow gold. The Tahitians are beautiful, bought them in Hawaii 8 years ago.

I would wear my Pad pendant and rings too all in 18 white gold. Which would look best. You are the pro here DF.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tahitians are black, right? I have South Seas that are white and thought Tahitians were black. Black, depending how deep the coloration, might be too deep a tone for the dress. I recall it was a lighter shade of teal.
Again, me personally, I would stick with white metal if you are doing the pewter/platinum shoes. What shade are your pads, and is the neckline of the dress suitable for a necklace? I am funny about yellow/white mixing in jewelry, and like to try to keep things consistent if possible. Can you describe the jewelry a bit more? I am trying to conjure up an image but cannot right now.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi DF,

My Tahitians aren't Black, well they are Black , but they are the Peacock variety, do you know what they are? they have different shades of color in them. They are really beautiful. Really high luster too. There are shades of green, blue and pink/peach, depending on which way the light hits it. The pendant is a 13-15mm, my ring is a 10mm and my bracelet is 13mm, but varies sizes adding up to 13mm, separated by gold links (14K)

My Pads are Salmon color. (in 18k white gold) I thought they would Pop the teal dress. I am so lame when it comes to jewelry and dress matching.
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The color of the Tahitian , sort of like a chameleon, sound gorgeous. Not sure only about the yellow gold, and about the matching. So you have three pieces with the Tahitian ? Honestly I think it is nice to try it on all together and see what you think. I hate to be too analytical about things, but the overall look depends on subtle things. Your makeup and accessories impact the jewels and vice versa. I think either COULD look great, but it depends on your shoes, bag and makeup. Can you sort of play with both and see what jumps out at you as the most lovely with it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,

Oops, I forgot, I have the Tahitian earrings too. They are all similar in color, but all are high luster. I can see myself in them.

You are right though, maybe the white gold will go better. The Pad will give the dress a pop of color. I will just play with it.

Thank you so much for your help and everyone else's too!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please help me find a handbag to go with my shoes. I can''t find one anywhere!!!!! All I see are beige.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh for Pete''s sake I answered my own question. Ann Taylor has a clutch to match my shoes. What a dork I am!!!
20.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i''d say champagne or silver shoes would look great. i think black may look kind of 90''s..lol

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Oooh post of photo - if not on, at least all laid out
36.gif

Sounds like you''ll be the belle of the ball!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results