shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Sweetheart''s BD Present Ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
My swetheart''s 36th birthday is coming up soon, and I would REALY like to surprise him with something wonderful and practicle. ---> I am completely clueless since I am a woman and all I know of gifts are bling blings.... but he is a REAL MAN.

So, Please provide suggestions and ideas, what would your DH and boyfriends want for their 36th birthday????

Thanks!!!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are his hobbies, does he play golf etc.. Tell us a bit more about his interests, that would help.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
He is a mechenical engineer, his life-long habit is a strange one - Model aviation!
He designs, builds and competes with model sailplanes around the world. In fact he is representing US team for the World championship in Switzrland this summer. On a personal level he is low mentianance, has not extravalant habbits or fancy tastes in gourmet food/drinks. Very down to earth kind of guy- You see now why he is so hard to buy gifts for?
26.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My DH would want fishing stuff. I agree, if he has a hobby, get him something that plays into that.

*M*

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Is a surprise trip somewhere that he would like a possibility?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Have a graphic designer come up with a snazzy jacket logo and have it embroidered on a warm up kind of jacket, for fun. ? The reason I say this is I had a gd come up with a picture with words for my dh''s stationary and it got me started thinking how I bet just about anything could be professionally embroidered/monogrammed on a hat or jacket, etc... Or...maybe have a cartoonist, caricaturist do a picture of your guy with one of his planes, and have it framed to commemorate his exciting summer ahead. ...Or have a licence plate made... I dunno, just brainstorming here! This is fun!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
Power tools to help him making his models? The new LiOn tools are replacing Nicad cordless models and are awesome. Also if he needs to do precise measuring, then something high-end like Starret would surely be appreciated. Or if he uses handplanes then Lie-Nielsen handplanes are da bomb.

Or you can spring for a Nintendo Wii which you could both play together. And there''s always the old standby - a new plasma tv and a case of beer
36.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i would look into a breitling watch since he likes aviation and they have that history. they usually give you a breitling cap when you buy one.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
How about a gift certificate for massage, facial or something like that? When I m not sure what to get , gift certificates always work ok.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
My boy rarely uses lotion on his face. I seriously doubt he will step in a salon for a facial... :D

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I second the power tools. My bf, also a mechanical engineer, has an obsession with them that''s similar to my obsession for handbags and shoes
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results