shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Quick advice needed for Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bedubyah

Rough_Rock
I need some help.

Its coming down to the wire, we leave for our trip to Nothern California on Friday. We are spending some time in SFO, then on to Vegas (as a surprise), then on to Wine Country. I have rented a nice romantic cottage for 2 nights near Kenwood, the first night (Aug 4th) happens to be her 30th birthday. We start off early in the morning from near Oakland Int''l Airport, a little drive up the coast to Bodega Bay then over to Sonoma Valley for maybe some wine tasting or a picnic lunch. At 1 PM I booked her a one hour massge followed by a manicure (she gets them frequently so this won''t be unusual for her) all as a ruse as part of her Birthday. Meanwhile, I will be out doing last minute preparations and picking up the ring from a local jeweller. Around 3 PM she should be done at the spa in Windsor, I''''l pick her up and then not sure how I should proceed next. I plan to have a caterer come into the cottage and prepare our dinner (they will have already done most of the prep work but will need to finish it off at the cottage before serving it).

My question is:

1. Should I propose before we get to the cottage, somewhere scenic like a winery or state park and then drive to the cottage (also a surprise) and wait for the caterers to show up.

2. Go to the cotage (she will be surprised at this point), wait for the caterers, and propose at dinner - would be candles, possibly outside.

Which would you prefer? Or any other suggestions. I appreciate any help I can get.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2...since she''ll just have finished a massage, she''ll be relaxed..then to add the dinner by candlelight...that would be just perfect!! She won''t know what hit her!! Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree go for #2. It sounds perfect, good luck!!!!! And then come back here with pics!!!! It's mandatory you know!!!!!!
31.gif

bedubyah

Rough_Rock
So if I go with #2 - do I propose before dinner while sipping a glass of wine or during the meal??

I don''t know if I could sit still and try to relax and eat my meal with that ring burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I could pick up a bottle of wine or champagne (with the excuse its to celebrate her birthday) from a local winery and then surprise her with the cottage, kick back and relax for a bit, and then propose just before the caterers arrive. That way at least I can enjoy my meal and not be such a nervous wreck.
emcrook.gif

I hope to have pics soon, if you want to preview the setting its'' on Phillip Schmidt''s website (aka Platinumsmith). Here''s the link.

http://www.platinumsmith.com.au/assorted/Recent_Works_5_5_assorted.htm

It''s to be set with an 0.838 H VS1 Eightstar with Strong Blue Fluoroscence. Hope she like it.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2005 7:14:36 PM
Author: bedubyah
So if I go with #2 - do I propose before dinner while sipping a glass of wine or during the meal??
It''s to be set with an 0.838 H VS1 Eightstar with Strong Blue Fluoroscence. Hope she like it.

I would say go with the moment...figure out based on the conversation, mood, lighting, etc. that will help you determine the right moment. You''ve already done so much preparation and you need to enjoy the moment as much as she will...you''ll know when it''s the "right" time.

I''m sure she''ll love the ring!!!

vitaminarc

Rough_Rock
Better yet, why dont you sneak into the room while she''s getting the massage and switch with the masseuse. Good be risky, but it could work. She''ll be turned over, hopefully half asleep, and wont realize the switch of massage therapists. When she flips over, produce the ring !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results