shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Qualify Studs so I can sell them (sorry if wrong forum)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I know you are all tired of hearing about me selling my 2.41 EGL internationally graded studs to upgrade to 3.0.

However, I have a viable
buyer through loupe troop and we can't find the EGL international certificates on their web site.

I am well aware that the grading is very loose however I want to give the potential buyer a point of reference. I have the physical certificates but I don't blame her for wanting to see them for herself online.

Can anyone in the grade help me locate the certificates? Or anyone has other suggestions I'm open to it.

Stone 1 EGL International EGL3227083631 1.21
Stone 2 EGL3276175637 1.20

Attachments

• Scan2021-01-13_094531.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Just a suggestion, but have you considered getting them re-certified by GIA? I’m not sure what the cost would come to, but if it’s a reasonable cost it might be a good idea to do it - may also help you get a better price :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would the buyer accept a photocopy of the hard copy that is certified as genuine by an authorised signatory? May be cheaper that way.

DK :))

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so strange. Can you call EGL? The number is listed on their website.

To verify all other reports, contact EGL USA customer service at
888 EGL USA4 (888 345 8724) or [email protected].

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t mean to alarm you, but a friend of mine was proposed to with an e-ring from a jeweler in NYC that came with an EGL certificate. years later when they split up, she kept the ring and in trying to sell it came to find that the EGL certificate was fraudulent. An appraiser confirmed that the stone was fracture filled and/or clarity enhanced (don’t recall the specifics) and had very little value. Hope that isn’t the case here. An independent appraisal might help verify the quality of the diamonds, or as others suggested, sending them off to GIA. GL

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
The certificate number you have doesn't match the format for the US EGL reports. As per the website, they are always under 10 digits.
I would give EGL a call.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The certificate number you have doesn't match the format for the US EGL reports. As per the website, they are always under 10 digits.
I would give EGL a call.

She has stated that they are EGL International graded not US. Doesnt hurt to call EGL though to see if there is an on-line site for
International report checks. Google did not find one for me.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Just a suggestion, but have you considered getting them re-certified by GIA? I’m not sure what the cost would come to, but if it’s a reasonable cost it might be a good idea to do it - may also help you get a better price :)

I have but the turn a round time is so long. from what I've been told

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Would the buyer accept a photocopy of the hard copy that is certified as genuine by an authorised signatory? May be cheaper that way.

DK :))

I sent her the copies of the original. Its just not coming up on their web site the certificates are from 2014

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I would give EGL a call.

It is EGL Europe not USA but thanks

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I don’t mean to alarm you, but a friend of mine was proposed to with an e-ring from a jeweler in NYC that came with an EGL certificate. years later when they split up, she kept the ring and in trying to sell it came to find that the EGL certificate was fraudulent. An appraiser confirmed that the stone was fracture filled and/or clarity enhanced (don’t recall the specifics) and had very little value. Hope that isn’t the case here. An independent appraisal might help verify the quality of the diamonds, or as others suggested, sending them off to GIA. GL

NO Alarm if that was the case Id march right back to David Michael "reputable" jeweler in Marlboro NJ and have a nice discussion with him. and blast his ass all over social media for selling me a fraudulent certified stone :) lol
Regarding the inside of the stone. I have had several other jewelers look at the stone and I have seen them myself under a microscope the integrity of the stones are fine. I am sure the grading is the only thing that is off on the certificates.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I have but the turn a round time is so long. from what I've been told

I dropped my 3 diamonds off in person to GIA in Carlsbad, CA on 9/20/2019 and they were graded and mailed back to me on 9/25/2019. Of course, these are different times so turn around time would be different.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ITs not USA EGL its international

Hi. I saw that. I was hoping they could lead you in the right direction. I checked EGL International and there was even an Israel EGL I saw on the web that I plugged the numbers in just by chance. Hope you find a good resolution.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
NO Alarm if that was the case Id march right back to David Michael "reputable" jeweler in Marlboro NJ and have a nice discussion with him. and blast his ass all over social media for selling me a fraudulent certified stone :) lol
I dropped my 3 diamonds off in person to GIA in Carlsbad, CA on 9/20/2019 and they were graded and mailed back to me on 9/25/2019. Of course, these are different times so turn around time would be different.

Exactly they are on skeleton crew so they are back logged

Reactions: Kya

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi. I saw that. I was hoping they could lead you in the right direction. I checked EGL International and there was even an Israel EGL I saw on the web that I plugged the numbers in just by chance. Hope you find a good resolution.

thank you so much

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I could call up the lab certificate.
website is www.eglhk.com.hk, it’s the HongKong office.
Then I put in 3276175637 and voila.
E2BBF9DF-567A-40A3-BC1A-895900A0759E.jpeg

Yes They don't have the 3227083631 stone. The other one I have also been able to find. thank you though for helping.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results