shape
carat
color
clarity

Help. Proposal Ideas for Istanbul

asyed

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I am looking for some ideas for my proposal in Istanbul, Turkey. I am taking my girlfriend out there for valentine's day and it is a complete surprise. It is approaching fast and I have no idea how to propose. I picked valentine day because it is also our anniversary, and I pick Istanbul because we are both from different religions/backgrounds and Istanbul represents us in a lot of ways and we both always wanted to go to Istanbul.

Problem is I have never been to turkey and absolutely have no ideas. Knowing my girlfriend she would not mind it being public, not to say going to the ball game public but more so as a public place. All i have to go on is internet search for places with good view, but I am still not sure what to say or how to do it.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

peonies

Rough_Rock
How romantic! When I was in Istanbul my favorite part was visiting the Blue Mosque, so I think it could be nice to propose outside of it. I think they may have gardens around it where you could do it. It is definitely a recognizable location in Istanbul so your pictures right after your engagement would show where you are. Also, there would probably be plenty of people around to take a picture of you guys after the happy moment.

good luck!

asyed

Rough_Rock
peonies|1296758584|2841998 said:
How romantic! When I was in Istanbul my favorite part was visiting the Blue Mosque, so I think it could be nice to propose outside of it. I think they may have gardens around it where you could do it. It is definitely a recognizable location in Istanbul so your pictures right after your engagement would show where you are. Also, there would probably be plenty of people around to take a picture of you guys after the happy moment.

good luck!

Thanks!!
I'll put it on the list. I also wouldn't mind the idea on how to do it. Thought of doing a scavenger hunt. any recommendations on how to do it, trying to make it creative.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
I was there a few years ago and it was so beautiful! I'd say you can't go wrong no matter what you do :) I wish I could help you with specifics, but I just don't remember a lot of details. I'm just so excited for you that I had to comment. Good luck!

asyed

Rough_Rock
peonies|1296758584|2841998 said:

good luck!

That is exactly where I ended up doing it. I just didn't know it until i got there and that was a nice place to do it. Thanks for all your help. And she did say yes :).

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: Any photos of the ring? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results