shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JHyde

Rough_Rock
I just bought this on ebay. C&P this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2607759375&category=15182

I am a bit concerned about it.. Is this a good ring...authentic? Is the appraisal ok??? Did I pay a good price??? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
It would definately be worth your time to have it evaluated by an expert like the Rock Doc to be safe.

Kirk Konst

riley

Rough_Rock
What's the difference between an evaluater and an appraiser? And if I want to have a diamond evaluated by you before buying it, how can this be done logistically while maintaining the security of the diamond?
6.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
JHyde - Please see private message.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I thought that all Tiffany's diamonds over one carat were accompanied by a GIA cert or at least T&Co's report. Maybe Tiffany's diamond has been switched with this H VS 2. Follow Kirk's advice and have it evaluated by an expert and you'll be able to find out some informations about cut that aren't listed on the appraisal. From measurements listed on the appraisal depth should be 59.9%. Most probably, in order to obtain a detailed appraisal, you'll have to send the diamond loose(not set in the mounting) to the appraiser.

Giangi
1.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
I would be very concerned whether this is authetic. First, the appraisal is very scant. That would lead me to believe that it is being used for more of a selling tool than anything else. Have you seen some of the real good Rolex knockoffs? Why couldn't someone make up mountings that have the Tiffany hallmark and put in whatever diamond they wish in the mount. It is much more saleable on Ebay that way. People go gaga
twirl.gif
for Tiffany pieces. I would imagine if it were indeed Tiffany, the original paperwork would accompany it. Cindy
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results