shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pumpkin32099

Rough_Rock
I brought my diamond wedding ring into be sized and when I went to pick it up they said it wasn''t ready because it needed to soak for two more hours. The stones on my ring were a smoky black color. Why is that, and is my diamonds ruined??

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
I have no idea, I'm a newbie.. But, I'm dying to know.

Bethany
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh thats not good. Mind you Im no expert but I cannot say as I have ever heard of that and your diamonds shouldn't be black.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
There is some kind of glop they put on stones to protect them from heat....I don't remember what it's called but a jeweler (not my regular guy) used it on an emerald and diamond ring I have and it ruined the emeralds...

anyway, the good news is that it didn't hurt the diamonds at all.
1.gif

PS After talking small claims court the guy who ruined the ring agreed to pay for new emerald sbut my original jeweler fixed the ring....I never should have gone to someone I didn't know...another lesson learned.

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Pumpkin- what happened to your ring? Is it okay? Let us know!

1.gif
Bethany

pumpkin32099

Rough_Rock
OK. I went back and got my ring and took to some one else. they said it seemed fine. I didn't pay for the sizing or anything. They said they burned the oils under the diamonds. I went to ask the lady i took it to about the whole thing before i went back. She is a friend of a friends. she knows what she is doing and she said that they burnd the diamonds. The guy that had the ring try to tell me she didn't know what she was talking about. I was pretty mad about that, but they looked ok so I took them. It seems to be ok though. thank goodness thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results