shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP-Pink Laundry!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I had a little laundry mishap this morning. It's very rare that we have stuff that bleed because we do laundry so often, so usually the only thing I sort out are whites when they need to be bleached and jeans, and then if there's anything really obvious I'll separate that too. Anyway, I was in a hurry this morning cleaning before the ILs come at 1 and I somehow managed to put a new beach towel in with a mixed load of random stuff-most of it Aidan's clothes. HOLY BLEEDING BATMAN!!!!!!!! It looks like a tye-dyed hippie shat in my washing machine. What can I do? I've tried rewashing and I haven't dried. Is it a lost cause?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Rit color remover or oxi-clean.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
I second the recommendation for RIT color remover. You may have to use it a couple of times, but it really does work.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DO NOT dry the laundry!

Put all the white things and things that will not be harmed by bleach (some tags say no bleach) into the washer on hot. When the washer if full of water, pour in half a cup of bleach without splashing it directly on anything. Use as much water as possible; if it's only a half load set the water level to full load. Then let the cycle run through.

This should take out all the excess dye.

If the stuff isn't perfect, repeat the wash. I've dyed my towels blue, orange, pink, all kinds of colors over 25+ years of marriage. The bleach/hot water combo always works.

Do not dry until they are the way you want them.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
DO NOT dry the laundry!

Put all the white things and things that will not be harmed by bleach (some tags say no bleach) into the washer on hot. When the washer if full of water, pour in half a cup of bleach without splashing it directly on anything. Use as much water as possible; if it's only a half load set the water level to full load. Then let the cycle run through.

This should take out all the excess dye.

If the stuff isn't perfect, repeat the wash. I've dyed my towels blue, orange, pink, all kinds of colors over 25+ years of marriage. The bleach/hot water combo always works.

Do not dry until they are the way you want them.

This is key...I went through a similar process a few weeks ago and just dumped the bleach in the washer and now a lot of the garments have white spots.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not put your clothes in the dryer with your pink stuff.

try color catcher by Shout... this stuff is amazing! you throw a couple of sheets (looks like dryer sheets, a box is about $5) in the wash and it absorbs excess dye.

Otherwise I also Use Synthrapol a concentrated surfactant (possibly found in a craft store) I used this will all the quilts and bibs, and other fabric stuff I make and sell.

I sometimes even wash my whites and color together just using SHOUT color catcher but I use more than one sheets to capture the color bleeding if there is any.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1313932729|2995586 said:
So I had a little laundry mishap this morning. It's very rare that we have stuff that bleed because we do laundry so often, so usually the only thing I sort out are whites when they need to be bleached and jeans, and then if there's anything really obvious I'll separate that too. Anyway, I was in a hurry this morning cleaning before the ILs come at 1 and I somehow managed to put a new beach towel in with a mixed load of random stuff-most of it Aidan's clothes. HOLY BLEEDING BATMAN!!!!!!!! It looks like a tye-dyed hippie shat in my washing machine. What can I do? I've tried rewashing and I haven't dried. Is it a lost cause?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

...I have no advice but that line is epic. :cheeky:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1313943958|2995723 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1313932729|2995586 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

...I have no advice but that line is epic. :cheeky:

+1. :mrgreen:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL thanks ladies. I think the fact that none of MY laundry was in the load has allowed me to keep my sense of humor. I tried the RIT and it was a big fat fail. So I said eff it and put the wash on again with bleach and hot water. Some of the stuff is white and some is a white/color mix. I'm hoping the bleach will be diluted enough to not totally kill the colors, but we'll see. Luckily most of the stuff that was affected is baby clothes and I'm not afraid of my son being seen in pink clothes.

Fingers crossed.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
fingers crossed HH

and that hippie line wins the Best Line of 7 o'clock Award Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results