shape
carat
color
clarity

help pick a setting, help pick a setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

berkley

Rough_Rock
Horray!!!

Last night my Poochie Pie surprised me with a table with 3 choices!!!! Chicken, steak or fish....... just joking.

Apparently, he has my ring in the works, but with some great advice (possibly from PS''ers?? and his buddies) decided to include me on advising the mounting detail!! Yippeeeee!! He knows what a freak I am about jewelry, and thank goodness, had a change of heart! What a guy!!

So here are the 3 that he likes, and that I need to think about:

1. from Icestore.com it''s a split-shank miligrained and pave encrusted bauble. It sort of reminds me of the Nicole Richie e-ring, I love the halo, but I have no idea what the ring does underneath the stone?

2. a Leon Mege Creation with pave and double prongs
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=56&sessionid=ff9430f09c8c8e754346b1a4c70d39e4
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=55&sessionid=ff9430f09c8c8e754346b1a4c70d39e4
*sorry, I don''t know how to post pics of that one!!*

3. or another Leon Mege Creation, but with a thin pave band
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=69&sessionid=ff9430f09c8c8e754346b1a4c70d39e4

He has come up with 3 GORGEOUS settings!!! What a great job! I just need to narrow it down to what I like, which is VERY hard considering I love them all! My main concern is functionality. I am a Buyer for Target Corp, I pretty much get to meet with the large vendors with prospective products and get to negotiate with them for the best bang for the buck. It''s been very fun to be able to come up with things that follow the latest trends and watch how they do out on the market.... I love it! That said, there are a few lucky women who sport some serious blingage in our building, I can''t help but stare, it is sometimes embarassing! lol! So, all of the pave rings listed above will be safe for me for everyday wear! I do plan on wearing a wedding band with my ering. Hopefully, it can also be worn alone without the ering for times when a subdued sparkle is better.

Now, I am still in the dark as to what my BF has picked, or looked at for stones, but judging by the photos he chose, and the convo we had last night, I can only assume it is an asscher, or an emerald stone!! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!

Now, what do you ladies think of the above 3?

I think they all are gorgeous, and am really stuck between 1 & 2. 3 to me seems a bit to delicate and I''m afraid of bending it into an oval shape, even though I know I am really really careful!

icestoreimage.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Do you like the halo? If so, go for number 1, but I like the second one, to me it''s more timeless. Good luck!!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! Those are all gorgeous! I like 1 and 3 the most. The reason is b/c I think I prefer thinner bands. Unfortunately, I don''t know enough to say what is most functional. Sorry
7.gif
However, in terms of style, I like the split shank a lot but not sure how I would feel w/a wedding ring next to it. Might be too much, for me. So my fav. would prob. be #3.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 1 and 3 the most as well. If you will be wearing a wedding band as well, then maybe 3 might edge out slightly for me instead of 1. Beautiful!

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
First of all, Kudos to your man for narrowing it down to such lovely settings! What great taste! Now, I say go for # 3.

I''m not a fan of the diamond sitting too low and being obscured. I also like the look of a thin band and # 3 is just a knockout.

I am in the midst of having my engagement ring changed to a thinner band and one where the diamond is not obscured by the setting as much as it was.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I like #1 but it depends how big your diamond is too I think

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!
9.gif

I''m not a fan of halos (I know, heresy!!) and I prefer thin shanks, so my favorite is #3. Whatever you pick, it''ll be gorgeous!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Scooba - it''ll depend on the size of the diamond. But from those pictures, I''d say 3.
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
They are all beautiful, but I agree with some of the others:

"If you will be wearing a wedding band as well, then maybe 3 might edge out slightly for me instead of 1. Beautiful!" "I also like the look of a thin band and # 3 is just a knockout."

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I say number 3!!!!!

It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!...very classy!!!
36.gif

They are all very beautiful! he did a great job!!!!!!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I might have to go against the crowd and say that #2 is above and beyond my favorite. It''s classic yet unique, delicate yet sturdy. It''s the perfect ring!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHHH #1. No wait. #3. NO NO NO #1. Heck, can''t decide.
20.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I am going to have to agree with JDgirl and vote against the massess - I always do
28.gif
#2 just has such a gorgeous head setting and looks stunning but sturdy! I would choose to get it with only white diamonds in the shank tho.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results