shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Propsal Idea

Boothe7373

Rough_Rock
I have looked around at a number of posts and am still conflicted on my idea. Ok, first some background. I have known her for 5 years, and we have been dating for just over a year and a half. We are both in our late 20's, never married, no kids, we work together and all of our friends know each other. Although I have tried to keep it a secret and only told one person, I am certain that she knows the proposal is coming so I am trying to find a way to either surprise her, or trick her. So here are my two ideas,

Idea 1 - During the week on a normal day cook up dinner, nothing unusual as I love to cook and regularly make dinner, except this time I will make her favorite dinner. Have her favorite bottle of wine, again nothing unusual as we frequently drink this wine. Eat dinner as usual and during dinner tell her how much I love her and ask her then. I think this will be intimate and should be a surprise. I am just worried this is not "special" enough.

Idea 2 - Pick a day to build up the event. Send her flowers at work once or twice during the day with little notes about how much I love her. Take her out to a nice romantic dinner and build up the anticipation; again she knows it is coming so the idea here is to make her think it is happening at any time and then not do it. Come back home, presumably with her mad at me for not proposing. During the ride home have someone go to our house and start a fire. Around the fire have a basket with her favorite wine and some chocolates ready to go. Set up some candles and a blanket in front of the fire. When we walk in I can surprise her with the setting and propose then.

I am interested in any and all feedback. I want this to be perfect, but with her expecting it I am hard pressed for ideas that will surprise her or make it special. Thanks.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I like option 1, especially if you guys are more of the homebody type. Sometimes the most romantic times are the most simple. My friend got engaged in a similar way. She came home from work and her BF had cleaned their apartment. No biggie. Then waiting on the bed was a little blue box. The coolest part was he had arranged, with her boss, for her to take the following day off, and booked a romantic little weekend in Napa.

Option 2 would just pi$$ me off. I might suggest a modified version, that is a combo of the two. Take her out to a dinner at her favorite place. Act like it's spur of the moment... "hey, why don't we go to YourFav for dinner tonight? Let me call...oh what do you know, they have an opening for 7pm." Don't do flowers or anything else, just play it out to be a regular night out. Then, while you are gone, have a friend do all of the stuff to your place- flowers, candles, fire, champagne, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results