shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Princess Cut diamond please

zaclim

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am going to get a Princess Cut diamond for my wife. Being a newbie to diamonds, I have shortlisted the 3 diamonds below, which are within my budget. My initial choice was the D color 1.03 Carat, however, the inclusions shown in the GIA report worries me. Hope for some suggestions onto which is the best diamond based on GIA report alone as the website does not have actual pictures of the diamonds.

Please rank them from 1 to 3 if possible.

Many thanks in advance!
Zac

comments.JPG

comment 1.JPG

comment 2.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have any images? with any shape other than round you really need images since GIA does not give a cut grade. Another option is to look for an AGS0 princess, since AGS grades cut quality.

zaclim

Rough_Rock
HI SLG,

I do not have any images as the retailer does not provide them.

The diamonds are rather similar, my main concern are the inclusions. Inclusions in image 2 (which was my initial 1st choice) worries me a little. Inclusion for image 1 is a pinpoint in the center of the table, however, it is close to $500 cheaper than image 2. Image 3 has some feathers near the edges...should I worry about them?

thank you guys!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
unfortunately the plot will not tell us anything about the inclusions also...you would need to ask the vendor about visibility of inclusions

zaclim

Rough_Rock
Thank you.

I forgot to add that retailer lists all the diamonds as very good cut.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zaclim|1312779139|2986244 said:
Thank you.

I forgot to add that retailer lists all the diamonds as very good cut.

By what metric(s) does the vendor determine very good, excellent cut for princesses? Are those metrics comprehensive enough to actually accurately and consistently represent poorer vs. better appearance and performance of some aesthetic, and is that aesthetic what *you* are looking for?

The GIA reports tell us very little - and without more info on what the vendor grades actually mean those vendor designations tell us even less. A professional's opinion from a comparison is a great way to start narrowing it down, photos are helpful tools if they can be acquired, and lastly you'll want to have the final stone(s) shipped out to you to find out what your eyes really think. Just be sure to get the return policy in writing before paying to have anything shipped.

zaclim

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice so far. I picked out another 2 diamonds graded by AGS, which come with light performance maps on their reports.

May I ask for you opinions on these 2 diamonds please. Which is a better diamond. Curiously, AGS (0) is cheaper than AGS(1) by a few hundred bucks.

thank you,

1.JPG

2.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would pick the AGS0. The AGS1 is probably more expensive because of the higher clarity.

have you seen and compared diamond color in person? Your initial choices were E-F and these are I...depending on how color-sensitive you are you may see a difference face-up...it just depends on how important that difference is to you.

zaclim

Rough_Rock
This was my first choice, but the diamond could not arrive on time. Any comments on this when compared with the AGS 0?

After some thoughts, I guess it is safer to get a AGS graded diamond rather than a GIA one as it has grading for princess cuts. Unfortunately, D,E,F are much costlier for AGS 0 cuts.

4.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results