shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on 1.5 Round Brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ubdumass

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 1.5ish round and came across this one. HCA suggests a 0.9 TVP.

GIA Cert
Price $9,200
Carat weight: 1.44
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth %: 62.5%
Table %: 55%
Crown: 35.0
Pavilion: 40.6
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 7.17 x 7.20 x 4.49 mm

Two questions:
1) Good deal? Are there better deals out there?
2) The GIA cert has al comment that "Additional Pinpoints Not Shown". Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Looks like it could be a great choice, the price looks in line too, you can check prices yourself by using the search tool under prices and use Search by Cut. This diamond might face up a little smaller than it should due to the tad extra depth however, see the chart at the bottom of the page. Pinpoints not shown should not be a concern, as they can clutter up the inclusion mapping on the grading report and be difficult to plot, these are often omitted, but just mentioned for the sake of completeness. Also see this thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinpoints-not-shown.6097/=

Size chart https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mm-to-carat-stone-conversion-chart.17578/

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Additional pinpoints is nothing to worry about. It''s not a VVS1 or something. Those pinpoints have minimal influence in the graders assessment.

ubdumass

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I am attaching the Cert for further evaluation. Should I make the purchase?

GIA15262425_zoom.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks good. It is a little deep, and that combined with the girdle thickness is making the diameter be a little smaller than it could be. A 1.5 is 7.4mm, so I''d want a 1.44 to be close to 7.3mm. But that''s splitting hairs because we''re only talking about a tiny difference. So I''d probably try it if it can be returned in case you change your mind.

ubdumass

Rough_Rock
I am having a very difficult time balancing all the aspects, considering the price range. Based on the feedback and research, I am about 85% sure this is the one. Any other concerns before I take the leap of faith? BTW, this diamond is from Blue Nile. Thanks!

ubdumass

Rough_Rock
Alright - My back is aginst the wall, but I am brining in a competitor for sanity check. Which ideal diamond would you choose: The old (1.44c, G, SI) or the new (1.39, H, VS1)? They are priced within $50 of one another. Please help my decide. Thanks.

GIA15248170.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
both could be excellent choices.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, good example. You see what I mean? The second stone is the same diameter as the first but it is a lower carat weight. The second stone is right in my target range, so I''d probably choose it. I''d rather have the VS1 than an SI1, but others might choose the G.

ubdumass

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker,

Do you think G vs H is a draw considering I''ll be obtaining VS1 vs SI1? I really can''t tell the difference between G vs H. How about the pricing? Reasonable? Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
After doing a quick search on ps, the price is reasonable for both. As others mentioned, the first stone is a tad deep, which probably won''t affect performance much, but the stone will look slightly smaller than its carat weight...However, it seems to be priced accordingly. The second stone should be nice as well. Personally, you could go a little bigger if you go down in clarity like a H/SI1 or something, but this is splitting hairs and boils down to personal preference. Others here might prefer the higher clarity grade. Both stones should be nice performers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results