shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!Newbie here,what do you think of this diamond?

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I'm new here (and soooo glad I stumbled across your sight!!) and just reserved a diamond that I believe is a good buy. However, as I've mentioned before, I'm a newbie at diamond buying so I would greatly appreciate thoughts from those more seasoned before I put down a deposit. Please share your thoughts asap as they will only hold it for me for one week. Thanks so much in advance for your help! image_300.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can barely read the numbers but they look good. You can double check them here:

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

You might also ask to see if you can get an idealscope image to check for leakage. Post the image if you can get it.

Have you seen an image of this stone? Is it eye-clean or have you asked the vendor if it is eye-clean?

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
Hi and thank you for your response. I'm sorry - I didn't realize the report I posted was so small. I've attached a zoom in on the dimensions.

I saw the diamond and it is visibly clean :) Is it worth paying more for a better clarity? Would I see any difference if the clarity was better?

It's a platinum select round ideal cut and the stats as per the GIA report are:
Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.57-6.60 x 4.06mm
Carat Weight: 1.08
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

The cost is: $5575.00

image_302.jpg

I'm not sure if this helps but I do have an X-ray and ASET report (I'm not quite sure how to read these yet, still learning :read: )

image_303.jpg

image_304.jpg

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
It also has an AGS Ideal 0 for cut so it should be a nice performer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the images look very good and it should be a nice performer.
Have you looked at the stone in various lighting situations? Sometimes inclusions are more visible in different lighting situations.
If you are satisfied that it is eye clean then it should be a nice stone.

Edit...I see that it is a GOG stone. If they say it is eye clean then you are good to go!

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1452474994|3973917 said:
All the images look very good and it should be a nice performer.
Have you looked at the stone in various lighting situations? Sometimes inclusions are more visible in different lighting situations.
If you are satisfied that it is eye clean then it should be a nice stone.

Edit...I see that it is a GOG stone. If they say it is eye clean then you are good to go!

Oh great, thank you. I'm so happy to hear this - it is so important to me to end up with a quality diamond with a lot of sparkle :dance:

Yes, it is from GOG - (I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post where it came from). I learned about GOG from this site and I have to say that they were wonderful and so very helpful!!!!!

I did see it under LED lights, florescent lights, "day light" as per a machine they had which was helpful as today was very rainy and cloudy so looking at the diamond by the window wasn't much help!

Thank you again for your help :D

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
solgen|1452474394|3973913 said:
It also has an AGS Ideal 0 for cut so it should be a nice performer.

Thank you, so glad to hear this. I greatly appreciate your help!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
I should also mention that eye clean isn't a clearly established standard. It could be 6-8" away face up in a static position. But you might see the inclusion if you view the pavilion or in a side view. It could also be visible face up if you tilt the stone around. I've received a couple "eye clean" SI1 stones but you could see the inclusion in the pav and the other when you tilted it back and forth face up.

swtmelissa

Rough_Rock
solgen|1452477680|3973945 said:
I should also mention that eye clean isn't a clearly established standard. It could be 6-8" away face up in a static position. But you might see the inclusion if you view the pavilion or in a side view. It could also be visible face up if you tilt the stone around. I've received a couple "eye clean" SI1 stones but you could see the inclusion in the pav and the other when you tilted it back and forth face up.

Excellent thought, I will ask about this, thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results