shape
carat
color
clarity

Help nephew find promise ring for $250

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, my nephew wants to buy a promise ring for his girlfriend. He wants to spend about $250. Is this enough to find a small diamond ring maybe in sterling? Other thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!!

WDWDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I recently bought a 18k diamond band from this Etsy store. Very nice quality diamonds and craftsmanship.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love little knot rings. Here are a couple with diamonds.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, my nephew wants to buy a promise ring for his girlfriend. He wants to spend about $250. Is this enough to find a small diamond ring maybe in sterling? Other thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!!
Check out these at Costco! I’ve purchased diamond earrings from Costco and was very happy with the quality (and solid return policy, should you need it):
https://www.costco.com/round-brilli...stackable-diamond-band.product.100502757.html

agingsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Does she like vintage/antique styles? I'd check loupetroop/therealreal/etc. This would be a sweet promise ring if it's still available. https://loupetroop.com/listings/rin...g-pave-set-diamond-and-sapphire-milgrain-ring

Also, I'm a fan of the traditional irish claddagh as a promise ring -- the real real has several different sizes in rose gold at $245. https://www.therealreal.com/products/jewelry/rings/cocktail-ring/14k-claddagh-ring-97pgc. If you pop diamond ring into the search box and then put 250 max there are a wide variety of options!

Blue Nile is currently having a 30% sale on jewelry, and they provide a $50 off coupon if you sign up for their mailers etc. How about something like this? Would come to ~$230 before taxes. There are also stacker bands (with small diamonds) on BN that are <250.

James Allen also has a 25% off sale until 21 July and they give $100 off your first order. Their jewelry is more expensive than BN though. Have posted their cheapest offering that I found, will be $222 before taxes with the stacked discounts.

Otherwise, if lab diamonds are ok, perhaps lightbox (through Bloomingdales for the added discounts) is an option?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would worry that a ring given as a romantic gift that contains a diamond, no matter how small the diamond, would be looked at as an engagement ring. I would steer towards a non-diamond ring for a non-engagement ring.

acezarra

Shiny_Rock
I recently bought a 18k diamond band from this Etsy store. Very nice quality diamonds and craftsmanship.

Oooh I like this!

acezarra

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would worry that a ring given as a romantic gift that contains a diamond, no matter how small the diamond, would be looked at as an engagement ring. I would steer towards a non-diamond ring for a non-engagement ring.

THIS! I think everyone in her life will immediately say "CONGRATS, YOU GOT ENGAGED!" and then she will have to say it's a promise ring, which is a bit awkward. I think either a clauddah (can't spell) or something like that is easier and better for this.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree. Maybe something with her birthstone or another colored stone?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be a diamond pendant/necklace?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results