shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I was wandering if anyone could help me find out if some pendant I got as a gift has any worth to it.

Everything I can say is that to me it looks as the red stone has some bad cutting, so that why I assume it's probably just some old glass or similar. The metal is 585 gold.

Any opinion would be appreciated!

Thanks!

P. S. If those pictures are not good, let me know to make new ones!
IMG_20191207_142559.jpg IMG_20191210_180330.jpg IMG_20191210_000538.jpg IMG_20191210_000522.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lets bunp this for you and see if some help comes along

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't tell glass from my *ss, so all I can say is take it to a gemologist for a quick test.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
If that is a real ruby+diamond that is a very expensive gift.

The side halo stones do not show flourecence under purple light I guess they are not natural diamond. I would guess it could be synthetic ruby+cubic zirconia+14K gold.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid nobody can tell you from photos. Why not take the piece into your local jeweller. They can look at it under a loupe and maybe even do a few tests (an RI - Refractive Index test would help). However, to be 100% sure I'm afraid you need to send it to a reputable lab ie GIA, AIGS, Gubelin etc.

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies!

I assumed it can't be said much from pictures, all I actually wanted is to find out is it even worth taking to expert. I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time if it is obviously a glass or something invaluable.

I wanted to post a video but I couldn't upload it.

The picture I posted isn't UV light, just a phone flash, to show it's inside.
Here is a picture in my nail UV lamp, if it can be helpful. Screenshot_20210505_233236_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Also, here are some other pictures. Screenshot_20210505_233313_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Thank you all once again, I appreciate everyone's time and opinion!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505_233304_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505_233304_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 7

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fluorescence (from a black light) won't tell you much I'm afraid.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Take it to a pawn shop and see what they say. They can easily test the diamonds, and if the diamonds aren't real, neither is the red stone.

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Oh, and I forgot to say it is at least about 30 years old, if that means anything.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that is a real ruby+diamond that is a very expensive gift.

The side halo stones do not show flourecence under purple light I guess they are not natural diamond. I would guess it could be synthetic ruby+cubic zirconia+14K gold.

I'm afraid that this isn't a "test" that is reliable. Some diamonds have fluor, others don't. This isn't something to rely on. By way of an example, here's a diamond ring of mine. The centre diamond has high fluor, the side diamonds have no fluor at all.

Attachments

• Diamond fluor radiant fluor.JPG
    Diamond fluor radiant fluor.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 7

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much!

So all in all, everyone thinks it is worth taking to an expert to check it out?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So all in all, everyone thinks it is worth taking to an expert to check it out?

Yes. We can only tell so much from photos and various gems have various properties, so the only way for you to be 100% sure of what you have is to get it tested.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a pawn shop will test it for free. Of course, doing it thinking that you may be considering selling it to them. You could see what they say about it (real, sim, combo) and when they tell you how much they’d buy it for, then you could say you ”have to think about it a while.”

In the meantime, it is beautiful and set in 14k gold and a perfect size for a pendant. I’d totally wear it - sim or not.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be real; could be nice. Fair amount of workmanship in that tiny package and that bodes well, imo.

Can't trust a pawn shop or even most jewelers, imo -- they are not gemologists.

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Thank you all, you've actually been a great help!
I'll probably try finding a good geologist and taking it there.

This piece has always been such a mystery to me, now I decided to find out what it actually is :mrgreen:

Although I'm a taurus and I learned I shouldn't be wearing red stones! JK

Babybanana

Rough_Rock
Hey again!
I'm sorry I know I must be boring. Just wanted to check if anyone can identify the mark I found.

I tried, but I can't be sure what it looks like.
Here is the picture. Screenshot_20210507_160440.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results