shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed for shipping a tennis necklace back to Capucelli New York

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
An international buyer from Singapore here.

Background: I am trying to return the tennis necklace back to Capucelli New York. No return label nor any document is provided by Capucelli.

Since Capucelli used UPS for the delivery, I am trying to return the necklace through the same courier. However, even though I have marked the shipment as a return (Delivery at Place), Country or Territory of Origin United States in the online form, it seems like Capucelli has to pay Duty, Taxes and Fees.

Capucelli insisted that they are not supposed to pay any duty, taxes or fees. I am wondering where could have went wrong while I was filling up the form. The UPS help is not very helpful too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lets bump this, see what we can find out for you

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Lets bump this, see what we can find out for you

Thank you! An update that somehow I managed to get hold of another UPS personnel and they assured me that the recipient need not pay. But somehow the system is showing the taxes to be incurred.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I would ask for a post master or their equivalent.

Explain that the item is a return, and therefore does not incur duties but the system is showing it does.

Can they please fix it, or if something is incorrectly marked on the package, what is it so you can fix it.

Did you fill out a customs form? One might be needed to show it's exempt from customs due to it being a return.

alexpaige

Rough_Rock
I also shipped something back to capucelli and they had to fill in a special form. 5150 I think. Plus a couple others. It was a whole thing but it finally got resolved. I shipped via FedEx and was lucky to speak to an agent who was very helpful in not only sending me the forms but sending them directly to capucelli to have them fill it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results