shape
carat
color
clarity

help, need haircut ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hair is currently a little longer than I like it usually. I like having long hair, but 90% of the time it''s up in a ponytail or some other messy and unprofessional up-do. I''m 30 years old and I wear a ponytail to work every day....yea...not cool IMO. So I need help. I''d like a wash and wear style and my hair is very fine with some wonky curl to the back of it. The front sides are straight. I don''t have time to use a flat iron every day...Pic below so you can see the shape of my face.

Help!

Steph and Kelly.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
My hair is a little bit longer than yours, and I totally get the wearing it up everyday thing. I bought a barrette similar to these on etsy a year ago, I joke that I wear mine 360 days a year. It holds my hair back and makes me look like I actually made an effort.

The picture was taken from Etsy, if you search for bronze barrette you'll find that seller. Mine are from Jezzard Jewelery. Substantially more expensive, but great customer service and lifetime warranty. And like I said, I wear mine nearly every day. It is so comfortable and easy to use. Brass Barrette

il_fullxfull.106752961.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! That''s really pretty.

I guess my feeling is what''s the point in having long pretty hair if you wear it up all the time?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. I know the question...mmm because it looks like you have lovely hair? Honestly, I''d say I cut mine chin length every 3 years or so, inbetween it grows FAST. So, for me, it is actually much less work to keep it long than the fussing that my fine but lots o hair would take to look good short.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HH, you have such a pretty face!

I''d suggest getting several layers, and have the stylist thin the layers out. If you already have a bit of a curl, the thinned out layers will give you gorgeous flips/curls. Not sure if you have side bangs, but shorter layers that frame your face would look beautiful on you.

I''l also share what I do with my hair in the morning. I love long hair too, but my hair is really thin and just sits flat. I have my stylist layer like mad and thin out the ends every other haircut. Then in the morning, I use a round brush and blow dry just my top layer, curl it in the round brush and clip it on for 10-15 minutes while I dress up, have my coffee etc. Before leaving I take the brush out and get a nice curl and volume just on my top layer. No one cares about the bottom layers anyways
3.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Maybe a haircut that reaches your collarbone, like this one? It works for straight/wavy/curly hair. I like that it''s still long enough to throw up in a ponytail, especially when you''re going to the gym, but it''s got some style.

jessicabiel2.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another photo of this hair style.

shenae-grimes-11099-12.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think you''d look great with my current cut. Did you see my pics on FB? I love it and I chopped off over 16inches of hair since my wedding because I too was wearing it in a ponytail every day. I love it!!! It''s basically modern bob with bangs. Honestly, I freaking love it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeez, HH...you are SUCH a natural beauty...I''m jealous! I second (or 3rd, or whatever) the bob idea. Maybe without bangs, only because bangs are (imo) tough to deal with--they either grow too fast and get to an unruly length too quickly, leaving them hard to manage if they aren''t quite long enough to tuck behind your ear, or when you get them trimmed finally they''re too short, or whatever. Idk...I''d ask your hairdresser, who can give you suggestions based on your hair type. It sounds like you have a head of hair that isn''t quite consistent, with the wonky curly back and straight sides.

Mayachel, that is a beautiful barrette! My hair is so long and heavy that I wonder if it would hold it all in that sort of updo/chignon? (Apologies for the mini thread-jack, HH!)

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch-I have a ton of hair, sits currently just below my bra strap, but until a month ago, was a good 4-5 inches longer. I love this style clip because it always feels "secure" and not like it is slipping OR pulling my scalp. I recently tried out one of my old clips and felt like it was giving me a headache right away. I don''t think I could ever go back to regular clips ;-)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mayachel! As soon as I re-fuel my bank account I think I''ll grab one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results