shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!!need assistance with finding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laura2010

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

New on here but I am looking to find my engagement ring we have been looking for about 6months now and most of the rings ive seen are over priced and the retailers haven''t a clue about the carat clarity etc which worries my grately
7.gif
!!! I am originally from Dublin Ireland but am now living in Liverpool UK and have found the style that I want to go for a 1carat maybe 1.5 marquise ring in platinum! can anyone recomend a good jewellers, we travel to the USA often but I am so desperate now that I am almost thinking about going to Dubai for the ring!! We will be going to Cancun in july staying in the Riu Cancun and would be able to pay a visit to the states also if I could find my ring!! I am very jealous but also happy for those of you who have their rings already congrats
36.gif
!!! I just need help finding mine now!

Thanks for listening!!!!

9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You can try starting out by heading over to RockyTalky and asking for help, or contacting some PS vendors like Good Old Gold, Whiteflash, Excell Diamonds, or Pearlmans. (There are many others, I just can''t remember the whole list!)

Welcome to PS!

Laura2010

Rough_Rock
awe thanks so much!!! i will do asap!!

x

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Laura! I''m in the UK and we have just ordered my ring from Blue Nile UK - a US company but with a UK branch, so ordering is simple. The quality there (and in all the PriceScope vendors mentioned above) is SO far, far above anything you would get in even higher-end UK stores - and not nearly as overpriced. I would really avoid most UK stores except just to look around (of course there are a few exceptions).

I personally would avoid Dubai for a purchase like this. I have been there many times before and love to look, but wouldn''t buy a large diamond engagement ring from there for sure.

I would start by taking a look at the PS vendors and Blue Nile, and do a search for UK PSers who''ve bought rings from the US (Maisie comes to mind) to get an idea of the taxes and process involved.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
oops, double post!

Laura2010

Rough_Rock
awe thats great thanks so much!! !my uncle told me about Blue Nile as he bout my aunt a fab anniversary ring from there he lives in between Marbella and venezuela and has said that by far they are the best!! didnt know that ad showroon in UK will have a look now thanks!!

emteeth.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to help! There is no showroom, it is all online, but because they are trade as a UK company here taxes are included in the final product.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out brian gavin diamonds, good old gold, whiteflash, they have great diamonds, and both custom and stock settings. The RockyTalk people (another forum on this board) will be more than happy to help you find a great diamond.
\Congrats!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would call Mark at Engagement Rings Direct and Jon at Good Old Gold.

Both are wonderful at finding beautiful fancy cut stones. Please DO NOT buy a fancy from a place without someone looking for you (like at bluenile). Fancy cuts can be dead or can be stunning-so it''s best to try and find someone who knows what they are doing to help.

Both ERD and GOG are in/around NYC.

Laura2010

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much i was looking at blue nile but i think you are right about fancy cuts you need to see them in person!!!!

emthup.gif
face23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results