shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, My Son is Graduating!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need the wisdom and guidance of all the smart, bargain and quality oriented PSers, particularly those familiar with L.A.

My son is graduating from UCLA in June and of course I'll be there to be a proud Mama.:mrgreen2: But I have no idea where to stay. Should I get a hotel? Air BnB? I think I'll need space for three adults - my older son and my ex husband (yes, we get along well enough to share space as long as I have my own room to retreat to). I'll be paying since they are both broke, and I'd like to keep it, if possible, under $250/night all in. Priorities would be not too far away from campus (within a 15 - 20 minute drive), relatively quiet at night, and some decent food places nearby (nothing fancy, just good coffee, tacos, sandwiches/salad). I think I'll have my car, as he'll probably want some of his stuff to come home. Thanks for any brilliant ideas you have!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@minousbijoux I hope you don't mind me chiming in with congratulations! I am sorry I have no info to share but just wanted to say nicely done and congrats to your son and your entire family. You must be so proud. Wishing him much continued success.:appl:

Enjoy!!!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Like Missy. I just want to say congratulations!!! You both must be so proud!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, you are so sweet! It is pretty amazing, though I admit to just wanting to rewind the clock and have my baby back! ;)2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no recommendations but wanted to say Congratulations @minousbijoux !!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake

It will be fun, I'm sure, but I'm easily anxious and right now, I wish I could find a place to stay! :eek2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!, proud mommy! :clap:

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

Given your requirements, I’d look for an AirBnB. Westwood, Brentwood, West LA, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica would be good places to look. Note that the first 3 mentions are neighborhoods and not separate municipalities.

Of all those places, my first choice would be Santa Monica. Particularly nice if you can be near the Third Street Promenade. Btw, I was there last year for the 1st time in About 20 years (went to UCLA for undergrad) so take this advice with a grain of salt.

As a minor threadjack and amusing story, I drove by my old place in West LA with my DD. Could not believe it was still the same dumpy house on the lot. my DD saw it and confidently stated that she too would have been eager to graduate if she had to live in a place like that. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to your baby! My mom always said we'd be babies even if we had grey hair and no teeth...lol (we're getting there!)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Marple, thank you - it's helpful to have names of areas in which to look. I love your story and the wisdom and confidence of youth!

Missy and Arc: that so holds true for all babies, furry and otherwise! As a matter of fact, I have a 14 year old, furry baby snoring next to me as I write this. ;)2=)2

Arc: Thanks for posting - I know you have a full plate right now (still sending good energy your way, especially for your Mama).

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Its been almost 10yrs since I lived in LA, so my knowledge is a bit stale (omg how has it been 10 yrs!). Maybe add Culver City to your airbnb search?
Santa Monica is nice, but will probably be $ and parking will be bleh.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for that info chroman. Culver City is now added!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results