shape
carat
color
clarity

help me put an outfit together

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
can you guys help me find an outfit for my cousins rehersal dinner?? its at a really nice restaruant that i happen to work at so i want to look really good!! hehe im also in the wedding party and its a friday night pretty fancy place! im open to anything a dress pants a skirt what do u guys think? i wear a size 6 and im about 5''3, your help is greatly appreciated!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what shape or color dresses you want, but here are some I like.

I am 5'3", wear a size 2 or 4 depending on the designer, and I tried on this dress before. It's really flattering on.

This is kind of fun, but I don't know if it's formal enough or if it's still in style.

This is nice too.

I have this dress and it's super cute. I love it.

I love this one. It's really sweet and feminine.

Hopefully this is a good start for you.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
what color(s) do you like? What style/shape do you usually go for?

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i like everything i have dark lonnnng hair big brown eyes

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
qt those dresses are all very pretty, i should have said if its something sleeveless what kinda shawl or bolero would u wear since its cold??

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ones qtiki posted but I love this one (from macy''s site, also available at Nordies and featured in their Christmas catalog), I would wear a dressier coat over it, pretty stockings and heels, and limit the jewelry since there is a ton of embellishment on the neckline:

mlondon.jpg

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i like the dress would you wear textured tights with that dress?? what shoes???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I like seperates, more versatile for future (mix/match); I dunno if you like this kind of top, but i lurve it: I would wear it with a pair wide leg or very narrow pants; skirt.....

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod43820021&parentId=cat14080761&masterId=cat14080757&index=1&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000009cat000059cat14080756cat14080757cat14080761

Metallics are in--I was trying to find picture of a cute warp around blouse I saw locally; would look great with slacks or skirt....

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I figure you can just wear a coat over the dress when traveling to and from the restaurant. Once you are in the restaurant, it should be warm enough to wear the dress without the coat.

The dress Monarch posted is really cute. I wouldn't wear textured tights with that dress. It would take away from the beaded details on the neckline. Instead I would wear sheer black hoses with black patent pumps. Personally I would go hose-less with peep toe pumps or strappy sandals.

Some shoes for the dress Monarch posted:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32212023/c/89.html
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32121139/c/95.html
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32122014/c/89.html
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32122018/c/120752.html

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ankle strap patents, great finds qtiki!!! Those are my fave choice with that dress...

I would also say either nude hosiery if you must have something on your legs...there are some really pretty nude fishnets out there, those would be fun, but don''t do anything too crazy in black aside from a super sheer black stocking. Focal point should be the lines of the dress itself and the neckline embellishment, and of course the shoes. 3/4 length black dressy coat if you have one, but if not pick up a black pashmina or something similar you''ll use again and again to wear over this dress from car to restaurant and back.

mbmjankstrp.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk, I just love the top you posted, it''s a great style and so pretty. I wonder whether a petite frame could get away with it, though....our OP is 5''3 I think, and without seeing it on someone first I don''t know if the trapeze silhouette would suit someone under 5''7. maybe I''m being a total "height-ist," I don''t know...

I''m a big fan of separates for after-five myself, definitely more versatility to be had for all the dressy occasions during the holiday season, etc. I saw a couple gorgeous sequined stripe tissue tees by Sweetees I think today at a little boutique by my workplace, and they were very reasonable and would''ve been fab with a great pair of wide legged trousers, a metallic shoe and chunky, bejeweled clutch. Yum. I would''ve grabbed one or two but really have no need for them this season, oh well. Super cute, though! I also saw some beautiful sheer baby-doll like chiffon/lace cardigans in muted colors that would''ve been perfect over black pants and a pretty cami...at $122 just for the cardi''s I couldn''t justify purchasing one with no event to wear one to.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that dress with a cuff bracelet, and maybe dark tights. that is the look these days!

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i really wanted something that wasn''t sleeveless, but i decided i love the dress and the idea of a wrap or shawl, love the shoes, here is the problem i went to macys online to purchase it and its not there!! anyone have the link??

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 12:32:45 AM
Author: BELLA9280
i really wanted something that wasn''t sleeveless, but i decided i love the dress and the idea of a wrap or shawl, love the shoes, here is the problem i went to macys online to purchase it and its not there!! anyone have the link??
Cute dress.... it''s available at Nordstrom.
21.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 11:28:17 PM
Author: monarch64
Canuk, I just love the top you posted, it''s a great style and so pretty. I wonder whether a petite frame could get away with it, though....our OP is 5''3 I think, and without seeing it on someone first I don''t know if the trapeze silhouette would suit someone under 5''7. maybe I''m being a total ''height-ist,'' I don''t know...

I''m a big fan of separates for after-five myself, definitely more versatility to be had for all the dressy occasions during the holiday season, etc. I saw a couple gorgeous sequined stripe tissue tees by Sweetees I think today at a little boutique by my workplace, and they were very reasonable and would''ve been fab with a great pair of wide legged trousers, a metallic shoe and chunky, bejeweled clutch. Yum. I would''ve grabbed one or two but really have no need for them this season, oh well. Super cute, though! I also saw some beautiful sheer baby-doll like chiffon/lace cardigans in muted colors that would''ve been perfect over black pants and a pretty cami...at $122 just for the cardi''s I couldn''t justify purchasing one with no event to wear one to.
HI:

I thought about the same thing as well; but heels makes a big difference. Just an option!!

cheers--Sharon

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thanks guys im going to purchase the dress tonight ill post a pic when i get it yay!! thanks a bunch

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Bella - That dress is very nice . The look to do is dark black tights. Do not do a sheer stocking look with that dress - that is a dated look.

I even saw someone wear tights with second pair of an open design tights layered on top. That would be great for me since I am always cold.. and I would keep it limited to a nice thick braclet. Take a picture..and have fun

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Bella....are you me? LOL. I''m 5''3'''' about a size 6 long dark hair and big brown eyes. Let me know if you don''t find anything I bet I could help you out. I try on dresses all the time, I love them.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Bella, just a thought...I love the dress it will look great. I''m not sure about the shoes though, here is why: I love the peep toe but the ankle strap unless you have really skinny legs tends to cut us short girls off and make us look shorter. I have runners legs and I know that when I try on ankle straps with dresses, I cringe. It is possible that I notice it and no one else will but even that same shoe without the ankle strap would elongate your legs and make you look taller.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thanks emerald im going to take u up on your offer of helping me with another outfit! the dress is out of stock and will not ship till dec 1, which is too late yikes please give me some suggestions!! i was going to do that dress with black pumps but now im at square one!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I just tried this dress on today... it is REALLY cute on! And it''s really a flattering style.
at Express for $80

express_blacksquaredress.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results