shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jk969

Rough_Rock
I need some advice. I''m very confused with the medium Fluorescence. I have 2 diamonds to choose from one with no fluorescence and the other with medium.

Both are GIA certified:
7.07- 7.20 X 4.61
Weight1.50
Depth: 64.6%
Table 62%
Girdle: MED to STK
Cutlet:None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity:SI2
Color : H

The other is
7.20- 7.23 X 4.61
Weight :1.50
Depth: 63.9 %
Table 54%
Girdle: MED to Thick, Faceted
Cutlet: NONE
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry:GOOD
Clarity : SI2
Color F
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

I''m confused as to which one to get, I believe that the one with Medium Fluorescence has a better cut. What should I do? I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a 63.9 and a 64.6 depth % pass on both.

jk969

Rough_Rock
I appreciate all the advice. But I'm comfused....you said to pass on both when the first diamond was rated a fair cut on bluenile.com and the second with the med.flourecense was rated a very good cut. Do you think i'm overpaying? There asking $6000 for the 1st one the 2nd one asking $7000. I'm leaning toward the $7000 cause it has a better color and better cut.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Both are deep cut diamonds meaning you pay for carat weight you won't see. Because they are deep cuts, the diameters are smaller than well cut diamonds of the same carat weight. Either of these will look smaller than a well cut diamond of similar color and clarity.

I have an ideal cut .766 carat with a larger diameter than a 1.07 carat Maul store diamond I saw in a local diamond broker's shop. That's a lot of diamond weight to pay for and not see. The broker took the Maul store diamond in on trade and is looking to sell it as a "pendant" diamond.

Also, med blue flour in a F color diamond might be too strong. In direct light, it could cause the diamond to look slightly milky or oily. That's one you'd have to see in person to decide if it's OK or not.

With any SI diamond, you might want to speak to the vendor. You want to know it is 100% eye clean. Ask the vendor to physically look at the diamond and tell you about the inclusions. You could get white inclusions, which would be OK. You could get black carbon or other gemstone flecks that would show, or a huge feather badly placed that could alter the diamond's flash/sparkle perception.

Good luck with your decision.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results