shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick one please - Cushion cut

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
Hello,

First of all, I’m so glad that I have found this forum; it’s very helpful and educating.

My significant other only likes cushion cut diamond with halo, that's the only requirement she gave me. I've been lurking around here for quite some time now; have learned that you cannot buy cushion cut diamond based on numbers. I have been working with local jeweler to find me a diamond; he recommended these diamonds are as follow:

1)
http://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/Results/D31424590

His price: $6450

OR
2)
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-7439153-1.20-carat-Cushion-diamond-F-color-VVS2-clarity.aspx

His price: $6925

He said these diamonds are excellent stone with extremely good price.

I personally like the second diamond. I would like to know, what you guys think, 1, 2 or neither. My budget is around $5500, I’m okay with spending little bit over the budget for better quality diamond.

Please help me choose. Thank you in advance.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Have you seen either of the diamonds, or do you have photos? You really need a photo to judge these.

2) Your colour and clarity are quite high - you could probably drop to VS1/2 without any VISIBLE difference and and colour to G or H and get a larger diamond.

3) Why would you pay his inflated prices when they are clearly listed for less on these sites?

4) If your budget is $5500, why is he showing you a diamond that is $7000 ?!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am also confused alchemist - if you can help clarify.

You are working with a local jeweler who has outsourced to find these two diamonds (after he has added a commission will be priced between $6500-$7000) on a $5500 budget, or your local jeweler also has inventory to consider but you have found these you would also like opinions on.

If I misread something, I apologize, I just want to ensure you get great help - any clarification you can offer would be great.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can't tell you anything without large 'mug shot' photos of the diamonds.

Lab reports do not tell you anything helpful about a cushion's performance. And performance and faceting are what matter.

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
telephone89|1455305081|3990256 said:
1) Have you seen either of the diamonds, or do you have photos? You really need a photo to judge these.
Yes i have seen this diamonds and i'll post a pictures of it. Sorry for a delayed response. I had a misfortune incident at home, lost my laptop and stuff.

3) Why would you pay his inflated prices when they are clearly listed for less on these sites?

I told my jeweler by budget is $5500 but i'm flexible for a diamond with good quality. He suggested these stones.

4) If your budget is $5500, why is he showing you a diamond that is $7000 ?!

He said these are really good stones but he did find me one in my budget. I'll post pictures of it.

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
Diamond_Hawk|1455583609|3991417 said:
I am also confused alchemist - if you can help clarify.

You are working with a local jeweler who has outsourced to find these two diamonds (after he has added a commission will be priced between $6500-$7000) on a $5500 budget, or your local jeweler also has inventory to consider but you have found these you would also like opinions on.

If I misread something, I apologize, I just want to ensure you get great help - any clarification you can offer would be great.

No, sorry for the confusion. I'm working with local jeweler who sent me GIA certificate number of stones he liked for me. My local jeweler doesn't have any cushion cut in the inventory so it's only from these stones. I think he finds these stones from another dealer like you mentioned. I found cheaper prices on the stone when i googled the GIA cert number.

I'll be positing pictures of diamonds for your opinion. Thank you.

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1455597322|3991499 said:
We can't tell you anything without large 'mug shot' photos of the diamonds.

Lab reports do not tell you anything helpful about a cushion's performance. And performance and faceting are what matter.

Yes, you are correct. I'm about to post mug shot of diamond along with ASET and Ideal scope image. Thank you.

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
Please check out the images :

1) this stone is in my price range and i have it on hold to buy it - $5500
1.21, F, VS1, 1.09, 6.34 x 5.82 x 4.02 mm

I have concern with facets not extending to the edges.

143701401idl__1_.jpg 143701401ast.jpg
143701401b_-_5200.jpg
capture_-a.png

2) this stone i found stone by myself - $5800
1.20, F, VS1, 1.01, 6.09 x 5.86 x 3.98 mm

8043139__1_.jpg
capture-b.png

3) This is the stone i also like - $6300
1.20, F, VVS2, 1.04 6.06 x 5.85 x 4.06 mm

7439153.png
capture_-_c.png

Please let me know if i need to get more images or anything like that. I'll try to get ASET image and ideal scope image of item 3 and ideal scope 2.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your first stone is the only one I would consider. Lots of red in the center and mixed red and green on the outside. Only issue may be around the edge of the table. It doesn't look to bad but would like to see more pictures or a video.

Number 2 is not a good stone. No need to get any more images on that one. All the white in the center is leakage.

I don't think number 3 will have all that great of an aset either.

alchemist86

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1456259139|3994539 said:
Your first stone is the only one I would consider. Lots of red in the center and mixed red and green on the outside. Only issue may be around the edge of the table. It doesn't look to bad but would like to see more pictures or a video.

Number 2 is not a good stone. No need to get any more images on that one. All the white in the center is leakage.

I don't think number 3 will have all that great of an aset either.

Yes, I'll try to get picture from the jeweler. Thank you for your help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results