shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a reception room!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Ladies, I''m in dire need of your input. I''m having an intimate yet formal hotel reception, but am stuck on the issue of which meeting space to select. Both rooms are approximately the same square footage.

Option #1 - Dimensions are 35'' x 69'' with 16'' ceilings. UPSIDE: high ceilings and two gorgeous white chandeliers. DOWNSIDE: This room is a sub-section of a larger ballroom, and subsequently has one 69'' long partition wall - it is big and ivory! I have no idea how to cover it or make it seem like a "real" room. Do you have any ideas?

Option #2 - Dimensions are 36'' x 63'' with 8'' ceilings. UPSIDE: this is one continuous room, with no partitions. DOWNSIDE: the 8'' ceilings.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-mayflower

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Pics?

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
This is the hotel''s LARGER ballroom, so try to imagine a blank partition wall
2.gif

Unfortunately, I don''t have photos of the second space. From what I can remember, the walls are grey. But the pre-function space outside of the room has floor to ceiling windows running the full length of the room, which can be quite nice.

ninesballroom.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you could hang a drape that covers the wall in the larger room so as to soften the feel it?

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with option A with the high ceilings. Then if possible orient the room so that the partition wall is at the back of the room. Or if in the budget you could put your head table along that wall and do a draping background for the head table. In the end, the high ceilings will add more than the partition will take away.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:02:14 PM
Author: Morgie44
I would go with option A with the high ceilings. Then if possible orient the room so that the partition wall is at the back of the room. Or if in the budget you could put your head table along that wall and do a draping background for the head table. In the end, the high ceilings will add more than the partition will take away.
Ditto!

Jena17

Shiny_Rock
I also like the first one. I love high ceilings. I would either put the head table along that wall, if that can''t be done I would make it the back of the room.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I say definitely option A - my friend had her reception in a partitioned ballroom and right now, while you''re doing the planning, I can see how the partition would sound dull but in the moment, none of us even noticed it (I was in her wedding party.) I think if it comes down to giving up a partition or giving up high ceilings, the partition is certainly something that can be more easily overlooked.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Option A!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:12:13 PM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 2/24/2009 4:02:14 PM
Author: Morgie44
Ditto!
I agree with these two and the others who have given this suggestion. I don''t think you''ll notice it as much on the day and high ceilings can really do a lot for a space.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
What everyone else said!

8'' ceilings = no way to hide or work with, but high ceilings and a "wall" has potential. I''m sure once the room is decorated, and see the room with the proper lighting, you won''t even notice the partition.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results