Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Champagne

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Ondine27

Rough_Rock
E35A650F-2516-46D8-B1EB-90122A383A1A.jpeg Hello! I’m getting a custom pearl pendant made and I have the choice of the following pearls. I can’t decide! I figured this community would be great at giving me some advice of which pearl I should choose. They are all Tahitian pearls ranging from silver-white to golden. The silver-white is 11.1mm, thechampagne one is 12mm and the gold one is 11.6. Let me know what you think!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends which one suits your skin tone best- I’m very pale so would pick the champagne or gold for me, you may differ!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted gold, but that’s dependent on whether the bail and chain are gold. If you’re a white metal person, then I’d go for the silver one.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both good comments above, plus, will you be wearing it with other pearl jewelry? And if so, do you want it to match the color of the other pearls? Some don't care, but I would personally want them to match or be close. All things to be considered.

Just looking at them, I like them all. It's almost a toss up between the white-silver and champagne. But it's really what is going to work best for you/with your other pieces.

Please show us the finished product!

Ondine27

Rough_Rock
The necklace is actually going to be a casual, wear all the time piece strung on leather, so metal color is not a factor in my decision. I can coordinate leather color to suit the pearl.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Light leather or dark?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were me, I'd do a darker leather, with all three. I just think it would go better.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends as the other PSers have said on your skin tone and coloring but I love the white silver the best and I agree with @Ellen that dark leather would look beautiful with any of your choices. Good luck and please come back with photos.:love:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, for a casual leather pearl necklace, I'd get more wear out of the silver-white Tahitian based on my own wardrobe and coloring ... that said, I find the Champagne Tahitian really special so it gets my vote if the color works better for you. I don't particularly like the gold Tahitian based on the one photo provided.

Ondine27

Rough_Rock
So do lighter skin tones look better with gold tone pearls and darker skin tones go best with silver/white?

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So do lighter skin tones look better with gold tone pearls and darker skin tones go best with silver/white?

I think that's how the belief worked when my mom got her pearls for graduation. She was given champagne/ivory and she's a redhead. Her sisters were all brunettes and were gifted whiter ones.

I think any color of pearl looks divine on anyone, but I'm a strawberry blonde and the more golden pearls look best on me. My cousin inherited her mom's and they look great on her (they're whiter/silvery) - she's has dark hair.

I hope you share pics when it's finished! I love the idea of mixing leather and pearls.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to wear silver/white as my skin tone does not suit beige/yellow/golden colours.
Therefore it depends on the OP's skin tone IMHO.
Colour preferences aside, they all look very lovely.

DK :))

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
E35A650F-2516-46D8-B1EB-90122A383A1A.jpeg Hello! I’m getting a custom pearl pendant made and I have the choice of the following pearls. I can’t decide! I figured this community would be great at giving me some advice of which pearl I should choose. They are all Tahitian pearls ranging from silver-white to golden. The silver-white is 11.1mm, thechampagne one is 12mm and the gold one is 11.6. Let me know what you think!
Hi. The pearls are beautiful. I’m assuming you mean south sea pearls as opposed to Tahitian pearls.
You can’t go wrong with silver/ white. Again, it depends on what color compliments your complexion.
What type of pendant are you thinking of? Send pics!
Love pearls!!!!

Ondine27

Rough_Rock
Hi. The pearls are beautiful. I’m assuming you mean south sea pearls as opposed to Tahitian pearls.
You can’t go wrong with silver/ white. Again, it depends on what color compliments your complexion.
What type of pendant are you thinking of? Send pics!
Love pearls!!!!
Actually no, these are in fact Tahitians. They are from Kamoka pearl. They are just rare colors.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since all three are super rare colors, I’d go with whichever one you think would suit your coloring best. Especially when we are talking pearls, you won’t wear anything that is objectively beautiful but which doesn’t pop on you. For example, although I personally *love* the champagne one, as a fair skinned, cool toned, dark haired person, the beauty of the pearl would literally wilt against my skin.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
@Ondine27 I have never heard of Kamoka Pearl. Very interesting.
Thanks for the info. Different to the traditional Tahitian strands I am familiar with. They are called pure pearl on their website.
Good luck with the pendant!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the silver tone one best. I love my Kamoka pearls, and I love that they sustainably farm all their pearls. My feeling is that the pearls will be a little darker in real life, and I think the silver one will be very chic with black leather.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results