color
clarity

Help me pick a new Coach!

Which Coach do YOU like???

• Option #5 - Black Signature Sateen Gallery Tote

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Option #6 - Black Leather Penelope Shopper

• I''m as clueless as you are . . . just show me the results! :o)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo . . . DH got me a brown patchwork Coach gallery tote for Christmas and I love it! It''s roomier than any of my other Coach bags, and I''m getting spoiled by all that room! LOL! So I''m looking for a large-ish Coach bag in black, and I think this will be my present from DH for my upcoming birthday. The problem is . . . there are SO many that I like and I can''t decide on one!

Although I may or may not actually get it on eBay, I''m posting eBay listings below to show the ones I''m considering:

Option #1 - Black Patent Gallery Tote

Option #2 - Black Leather Gallery Tote

Option #3 - Black Lurex Signature Gallery Tote

Option #4 - Black Patchwork Gallery Tote

Option #5 - Black Signature Sateen Pleated Gallery Tote

Option #6 - Black Leather Penelope Shopper

Thanks for your input!
21.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I voted #5(CUUUUTE!).... followed closely by #6. None of the others are really appealing to me though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I like # 5- perfectly classic with a little twist (the patent)- so cute!!! I like the shape too!!!!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would personally stay away from the penelope shopper unless you can handle the one you get. The zipper on the front of that bag SUCKS! It may not be on all of the bags, but the ones at the coach store i worked at got stuck all the time.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would personally go with a basic black signature bag...none of the above you listed.

I own a lot of black coach bags...including the Zoe black patchwork you posted...and let me tell you, it isn''t a spring or summer bag at all. Actually patent and saten bags aren''t Spring or Summer either. At least with a basic fabric it isn''t as heavy as the other options.

If you don''t own a lot of bags and have a lot of different options, then simplicity is the best bang for your buck, truth be told. It will give you the most versatility and longest amount of wear before it becomes dated...and when you''re spending big money, you want it to be timeless and classic.

Just my .02 for what it''s worth.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
#5 is really cute. I like #6 also but is the leather pebbled?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the replies, ladies!
36.gif

SDL ~ I hear ya about the patent . . . I really wasn''t too sure about that one!
33.gif

Oobie ~ I really like #5 and $6 too! This is such a hard decision! LOL!
37.gif

Dani ~ I really liked the patent trim on that one too . . . it''s not too much patent, but just enough!
21.gif

RFT ~ Good to know! I don''t know how much I''d really use that little zipper pocket, but it''s good to have a heads-up on that problem anyway!
1.gif

Italia ~ Actually, I already have a black signature bag. It''s the black and white mini-signature with leather trim and I love it, but it''s just a little small. So I guess what I''m really looking for is a bag that I can use all year long, preferably not in the signature fabric (unless it''s the black-on-black signature). I totally agree about simplicity being a good option, and what I don''t currently have is an all-leather coach bag. (I have three signature bags and my patchwork gallery tote.) It might be kinda nice to have a plain black leather one, so I might be leaning toward the Penelope Shopper at this point!
9.gif

Akmiss ~ I *think* the leather on #6 is smooth, but the leather on #2 is pebbled . . . I think? I really didn''t even pay too much attention to that, but maybe I should have! Is there a down-side to pebbled leather that I should know about?
40.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for number 5....6 would be my next choice! Fun decision to make!
2.gif
21.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Coach has gone a little bananas lately with the new designs...many of which are over the top.

But, what about the Zoe in black leather?

I only suggest this because the Zoe is a wonderful bag. It''s a shoulder fit bag, so it''s hands free for shopping. It''s pretty modern in design, but not so over the top that you''ll be mortified to use it next year either. It''s classic coach, with the supple black leather and chunky brass handwear so it''s a definable design. It''s also a decent size....not to large, not to small...it can comfortably fit a book, wallet, phone, and other odds and ends that collect in there.

If I were in the market for a classic new black bag, Zoe would be my first choice because it is so versatile.

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags_collections_zoe-10551-10051-23263-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=23259&t3Id=23263&tier=3&expand1=23259&expand2=23270

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burk ~ Thanks! I think those are my two favorites, too!
21.gif

Italia ~ I totally agree about some of Coach''s new designs being just a little over-the-top! But, I do like that Zoe . . . very classic-looking, and it seems like it would be pretty roomy inside. So, now I''m torn between the signature sateen tote, the Penelope shopper, and the leather Zoe!
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Just my opinion, but I don''t think sateen is a good summer material.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 3:18:21 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Just my opinion, but I don''t think sateen is a good summer material.
I agree . . . but it''s CUUUUUTE!!!
9.gif
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, thank you so much for the input!
35.gif

I surprised myself by going with #5 (the signature sateen gallery tote). I was pretty sure that I was going to end up with #6 (the Penelope Shopper), but I just love my other gallery tote SO much, so I decided to get another one! It got here yesterday and it''s GORGEOUS in person! Yay!!!
36.gif

DH was going to make me wait until my birthday, but I managed to talk him into letting me have it now.
27.gif

And the matching wallet is on its way, so I''ll post pics of both in the Show Me Your Coach thread when it gets here!
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats great,,, I hadn''t venture to this forum yet so my vote won''t count, but looks like a great bag, I agree with Italia- their new lines have kinda gone a little bit wacky for my taste,,, my favorite year was 2006...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results