shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a dress....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Hello ladies!!!
I''ve narrowed down my dress search to three beautiful dresses (down from about 30
2.gif
). They say that when you find your dress you will have this huge ***moment*** of ***OMG/dress-ness**** well I think I had three of those moments.
We will be getting married in a gallery downtown. The gallery is contemporary and defiantly has an organic/Colorado feel to it, which was very important to my FI and I. Most of our centerpieces and other decor will also reflect a organic/Colorado-ness. Oh yes, it will also be a winter wedding (January 30, 2010).

sugarjoamsale.jpg

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
or this one

sugarjobow.jpg

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
or this one

sugarjocc.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3, but they are all lovely on you

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Well I can see why you''re having a hard time with this! All three dresses are beautiful and look lovely on you!

But if I had to choose... I love two and three the best. Two being my most favorite. But I''m a sucker for bows...

But I can''t really tell what''s going on at the waist with number 1. Do you have a close-up?

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
My vote is for number 2, although they are all great.

It''s POB Maeve, right? My friend almost picked that dress for her wedding. You are so tiny though, it might look better without the bow. I love the sweetheart neckline on you.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am not feeling the top of number 3..and number 1 is a bit plain-looking from the photograph (however, it might look better in person or close-up!), and I love number 2 but the bow is a bit big! I am sorry to criticize all three I promise I am just trying to be honest..all of that aside, my definite fave is number 2.

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Yes it is the Vineyard Maeve. And my MOH''s hands down favorite.

And the thrid is PB #4216.

The first is the Amsale Arianna (My mom''s favorite. She cried. Alot.). Here is kind of a close up.

Thank you all for the lovely complements.

sugarjoamsale2.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 by far.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ooh a close-up of number 1, it''s very pretty!! But I am still sticking with 2. You''re very pretty so any of them will look great!
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOVE no. 1

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I love number 3! I think it looks lovely.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Well, now that you said your mom''s fav is number one...I don''t know. There''s just something about a mom''s opinion that matters more, you know?

I was in a similar situation, in that I couldn''t pick between 4 different dresses. They were all great, so I just picked the cheapest one.
25.gif

Good luck!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
They are all lovely on you! Lucky you...too many to choose from...haha.

I LOVE #2,
it seems a bit more preppy to me, I think its the bow. That is my style, so I would lean towards it.

Hearing that its a winter wedding and very Colorado/organic/modern I think #1, which is STUNNING, might fit better into your whole wedding theme.

You look lovely in all and can''t make a bad choice.
Best Wishes!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think they are all beautiful, really you can''t go wrong.

Did anyone of them make you feel more like AHHA this is the one?

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
i like number 1 - but they are all nice on you

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're all lovely on you! So to narrow things down a bit...

The first dress says "winter" but not "contemporary" or "organic."

The second and third dresses both say "contemporary" and "organic." I like the second dress a just bit better, but...

When I think of Colorado, winter, and a contemporary setting with lots of glass, I want to take a felt-tipped marker draw something soft and warm over those poor bare exposed shoulders! You might want to consider whether you'll need some sort of a shrug or wrap, if only for part of the evening, and how that might work with each of the dresses. It's easiest for me to picture the first dress with some sort of shrug, and hardest to picture the second dress with any sort of a wrap, probably because of the bow.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think #2 accentuates your waist the best. It seems to fit your natural waist right on and I love the sweetheart neckline.

They are all lovely choices though!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
I love number 1....it reminds me of jackie kennedy, effortless beauty!
30.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I say #3 by far.. I love it! It''s so cute and timeless. #2 is too ''stylized'' if that''s even a word. They are all gorgeous but #3 will never go out of style..

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Id have to say my fav is 3..... I dont know if its just me.. but 2 makes you look very large on the bottom.. almost like u are hiding something... maybe its just the way the bow is placed... but it makes the bottom look large.... but 3 is gorgeous on u!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 and then #3. The fabric on #2 just doesn't seem as rich as the fabrics on #1 and #3. I think the flower and leaf detailing on the front of #1 give it a very organic feel!! I also agree with blondebunny that the skirt and bow on #2 just seems to overwhelm you and make you look bigger than you are.

How much gown shopping have you done? Have you only tried on 30 gown total? I just ask because if you aren't sold on any one of these, it may be worth shopping around a bit more. You've got time before 2010, so why not? I'm not saying you have to have that "OMG" moment with your gown (I didn't) but if you really can't pick one out of these three, chances are you could find something that you like even better.

Good luck!

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
My vote is #1. I like the sutle details and since your mom likes it too, that''s a def. bonus.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 3 is definitely my favourite by far! I like number 2 as well but I think that the bow is a bit too big.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well I think they look amazing on you. I like 1 AND 2. But if I had to choose, I would pick 1. I think it does winter wedding very well. I don''t find that dress 2 is that winter. As for organic....uhmm...I''m not really sure what that means in terms of style so I can''t comment. However, all that being said, I think the dress that made your mom cry is probably the one. My mom cried when she saw my dress (not big sobs) but dainty sniffles. That''s the one I bought. I wanted the one that brought an emotional reaction.

Good luck on your decision! You truly look beautiful in all of them.

SuiteLady

Rough_Rock
I love number one! It is perfect.

Number 2 overwhelms you.

Number 3 is very nice also, but number one is my favorite.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love them all, but I like #2 the best.

Are you wearing anything like a jacket, a bolero or a pashmina? I would consider that, too, if so, and try to pick them both out together. I think 1 could become overpowered by some type of shoulder covering. But I also would worry that the bow on 2 and the top of 3 might compete too much with a covering, making it really hard to find the right one.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sugarjo - #3 is GORGEOUS and looks perfect on you!!

While the other dresses are lovely - #3 has it in the bag - It doesn''t overwhelm your lovely figure and just looks as though it was made for you!! Yay!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your lovely words, you have given me much to consider!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like the shape of the second, but I really don''t like the bow. I think my vote would be for the 3rd, but the 1st is pretty close behind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results