shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find this ring

JilleanTucker

Rough_Rock
Hello, I found a ring on instagram and I need to know if anyone knows the designer or can tell me the specs of this ring....

Is this ring on the cheaper side of the spectrum?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

12357273_879269802188347_1099457510_n.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JilleanTucker|1450061309|3961097 said:
thank you all for your help. I acutually found the exact ring since I asked the girl directly. It's Vera Wang from Zales. I really am questioning the quality of the diamond ....

http://www.zales.com/vera-wang-love-collection-emerald-cut-diamond-split-shank-frame-engagement-ring-14k-white-gold/product.jsp?productId=33396586

What's you question? Is it a good quality diamond? No.

Also to answer your question, no its not on the "cheaper side of the spectrum" , sadly.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As you should - the ad says the center stone will be an Si2-I1 stone, no lab specified, which means the diamond will likely not be "eye clean" and could even have inclusions that will dim the diamond's sparkle. If the pave stones are also SI2-L1, they will certainly not contribute much to the ring's overall sparkle. Also note how high the center stone is set above the halo - aside from looking somewhat inelegant, this makes the stone more vulnerable to damage.

The Zales ring has a .5 ct center stone. You can find a certified emerald cut diamond of that size at James Allen for less than $1,500... which you can combine with one of the settings identified above to make a similar ring of better quality for the Zales price even taking into account whatever discounts Zales might be offering. The James Allen settings use VS2-SI1 side stones that definitely would not be cloudy or overly included.

JilleanTucker

Rough_Rock
VRBeauty|1450063871|3961104 said:

As you should - the ad says the center stone will be an Si2-I1 stone, no lab specified, which means the diamond will likely not be "eye clean" and could even have inclusions that will dim the diamond's sparkle. If the pave stones are also SI2-L1, they will certainly not contribute much to the ring's overall sparkle. Also note how high the center stone is set above the halo - aside from looking somewhat inelegant, this makes the stone more vulnerable to damage.

The Zales ring has a .5 ct center stone. You can find a certified emerald cut diamond of that size at James Allen for less than $1,500... which you can combine with one of the settings identified above to make a similar ring of better quality for the Zales price even taking into account whatever discounts Zales might be offering. The James Allen settings use VS2-SI1 side stones that definitely would not be cloudy or overly included.

Thank you. I had the same thoughts! I can get a similar style made with a better quality diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results