shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find my BM dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
FI and I were showing my future in laws our reception hall today and stopped and looked through some photo albums. There were these BM dresses that I''d LOVE to find! They were an indescribably material, but I''ll try. It was very thin - and LOTS of layers. These dresses were silver/platinum, and the material almost looked like it was fluid - like mercury or something! They had a twisted sweetheart neckline and an uneven hem (all the layers were at slightly different levels). The thing that reassures me that they were a bridesmaids dress and not a department store dress was that they were all different lengths. One of the BM''s was very tall, and her''s was almost a tea length. While a couple of other BM''s were short and had almost above the knee dresses. It made it look like they were VERY likely ordered at specific lengths and then perhaps hemmed (but the way they all fell so perfectly different was TOO exact to just be an accident). They were strapless, and had a loose flowy gown with an empire waste. I think one BM was actually pregnant in there. Does this sound familiar to anyone!? Can anyone help me find something in a similar fabric? I''m hoping all my girls can find different silhouettes in the same fabric to exhibit their distinct personalities - but I really liked this dress.

Please help if you can!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...not really any ideas since I can''t really picture it in my head, but maybe try Bari Jay? They have a ton of dresses on their site, and some sound like they could be similar...

katamari

Ideal_Rock
If you can have your BMs all get their alterations from the same place, any seamstress will be able to make the dresses all the same length, if that is what you like. You will just have to order in the length the tallest woman needs.

No idea about the dresses, though. But it sounds like they were charmeuse, and you should be able to find plenty of options in that fabric.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! The fabric looked A LOT like this - anyone know what it is!?! TIA!

SJP silver dress.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Where''s freke at?

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Do you really want those exact dresses? If so I would call/talk to the venue wedding coordinator and ask whose wedding it was that the dresses are from, then ask for her email if possible, then email that bride directly.

If you just like the fabric try going to a large fabric store and go through the bolts of fabric until you find something similar, then you will know what material to ask your bridesmaids to buy. The staff at some fabric stores are very knowledgeable so I would ask them what material they think it might be as well.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results