shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find an antique style cushion?

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
Can anyone recommend good sites or jewelers in the NYC area, or better yet, direct links to diamonds? I am looking for a chunky faceted cushion. I love AVC's, but none are available in my size/price range right now. I am willing to go down to an H, SI2, and would like to be between 1.25 and 1.5. The bigger, the better! Ideal budget is around $6,000 but max can go near $8,000. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

newringdude

Rough_Rock
I would highly recommend Perry Chen over at Leon Mege. Go to artofplatinum.com and look at diamond consierge service. Also ERD is highly recommended by others, but I found fuond Perry's prices better and I found him more helpful.

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I am trying to get in touch with him, but he hasn't been returning my messages. I'll keep trying because I do love Leon Mege's work!

newringdude

Rough_Rock
Hmm, he may be busy, he was very responsive to me. Try giving him a call rather than e-mail, as that may be more effective.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at Old World Diamonds? SingleStone or Jewels by Erica Grace?

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! We have already left Perry Chen two messages by phone, but will try e-mailing him.

Christina... I've been keeping my eye on the places you suggest, but I am looking for unnoticeable color and hopefully something vintage-inspired, not necessarily vintage.

I am also even looking local at normal cushions that might appear to have bigger facets than the crushed-ice look.

It's a little defeating, but I know when I find the right one, it will be worth it.

Thanks again for all your help!

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for Perry. Maybe you haven't heard back yet due to the weekend? He was very responsive to me and got back to me quickly. Found me a great stone and much less expensive than a comparably sized AVC (although I would have loved an AVC, too!).

All of our correspondence was via email, and he sent videos and photos, as well as GIA/ AGS certs, for me to see. Ultimately trusted his opinions even though it was crazy to spend so much on a stone I never saw in person, but it turned out beautiful. I just wish it were bigger...for what it's worth, he recommended a beautiful 1.7+ SI1 stone, but I wanted to stick with VS (mine is 1.57)... now I sort of regret it.

Good luck!

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I am going to keep trying. We have called twice in the last two weeks and will e-mail. I'll keep you updated.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the first two look like modern cushions?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, they are not what we consider antique style cushions and that first one is extremely leaky :(sad .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results