shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I just got engaged here in the UK this weekend. I don''t have a ring because I wanted to be involved in the whole process following my months of lurking on this site. I tried one on in a jewellers near where we stayed which was a 1.1 G VS2 set in a plain plat band and the price, the equivalent of nearly $18,000! I think we could do better. Basically I would like either a rb, oval or cushion, willing to go to J colour for the right cut and I want as big as possible for a budget of $5000 max.

I have been dying to ask this, but go for it PS''ers, please find me a stone

Thanks in advance

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ellen found this one recently in a similar post...and it still looks good...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Samantha,

As RG pointed out, there's that round still available.

We'd love to help you, but you should really decide which stone it is you want to go with. After you decide, then make a thread asking help for that particular shape, and I think you'll get much more help. You might want to go to a few jewelers and try rings on with the various stones. Sometimes what we like in pictures, we don't like so much on.

Also, if you do that, you can get a feel for how each one sizes up, and looks in the sparkle department.

Let us know what you decide and we'll be here!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to agree with ellen on this. Honey, you have to decide on a shape before we can help you. If you browse through some nice jewelry stores and look at some rings it will help yu get a better idea of what you like and what looks best on you! Good luck... and once you''ve decided on a shape, you know we''d love to help you!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 1:52:58 PM
Author: Ellen
Hi Samantha,

As RG pointed out, there''s that round still available.

We''d love to help you, but you should really decide which stone it is you want to go with. After you decide, then make a thread asking help for that particular shape, and I think you''ll get much more help. You might want to go to a few jewelers and try rings on with the various stones. Sometimes what we like in pictures, we don''t like so much on.

Also, if you do that, you can get a feel for how each one sizes up, and looks in the sparkle department.

Let us know what you decide and we''ll be here!

thanks guys, I am leaning towards the cushion cuts having looked at loads here. I am going to try lots on next weekend and will come back.

Thank you so much again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results