shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a nice cushion...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emily07

Rough_Rock
Hi y''all,

I need some help finding a diamond.
9.gif
I can''t find what I want. I have looked at many sites and my head aches- I guess I''m too picky.

Here is what I am looking for and if you can tell me where to look that would be great. OR if you have a diamond picture that is similar I would love to see it.

Shape: cushion or something that looks similar
Color: D-F
Eyeclean
Carat: .8 to ?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Mark Turnowski at www.engagementringsdirect.com and he will help you. You can also call Tim at www.Goodoldgold.com

Do a search for cushion on here. Consider G colored diamonds. And get diamond educated (good old gold site is great for that)...

Here's a nice G... although VS1 is a little more than you need, its guaranteed to be eye clean... the other stats on it are great too.
http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/loose_detail.php/session/da4b8b9a72829aba084fa0cbb47870b0/id/11533487/sz/150/premium/premium

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 6:11:24 PM
Author:Emily07
Hi y''all,

I need some help finding a diamond.
9.gif
I can''t find what I want. I have looked at many sites and my head aches- I guess I''m too picky.

Here is what I am looking for and if you can tell me where to look that would be great. OR if you have a diamond picture that is similar I would love to see it.

Shape: cushion or something that looks similar
Color: D-F
Eyeclean
Carat: .8 to ?
you don''t say how high you will go... I like this one:
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00954465&filter_id=0

Price: $5,998

Bank wire price: $5,909

Carat weight: 1.03

Cut: Very Good

Color: F

Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 67.1%

Table %: 54%

Symmetry: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Slightly thick to thick, faceted

Culet: Medium

Fluorescence: Strong blue

Measurements: 6.58 x 5.72 x 3.84 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.15

Emily07

Rough_Rock
Thanks for finding such a pretty diamond; although, I can only spend $4000 on the diamond. I''m saving the rest for a nice setting. I''m going to continue my search...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Emily07

Rough_Rock

Emily07

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading some posts that think that Blue Nile is somewhat overpriced for the quality. Do you not agree?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The table is larger than I''d like. But the great thing about Mark is that he will look at the stone for you.. and he''s got a fabulous eye for cushions, then he''ll tell you HONESTLY if you''ve got a winner. I would give him a call, tell him your budget and wants... and go from there... he''ll find you a winner!

Emily07

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 8:53:46 PM
Author: Gypsy
The table is larger than I''d like. But the great thing about Mark is that he will look at the stone for you.. and he''s got a fabulous eye for cushions, then he''ll tell you HONESTLY if you''ve got a winner. I would give him a call, tell him your budget and wants... and go from there... he''ll find you a winner!

I think I definitely will call him! Thank you all for the advice! I will post pics when I find a winner!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 8:53:36 PM
Author: Emily07
I''ve been reading some posts that think that Blue Nile is somewhat overpriced for the quality. Do you not agree?
no... I don''t agree. I think you can get a better deal there BUT you have to know what you''re looking for and screen the diamonds yourself which means purchasing them and doing your own evaluation. However, if you''re uncomfortable with that there are certainly other options, GOG and ERD being two of them.

rbfloat81

Rough_Rock
For the person who mentioned Tim from GOG,... what has been your experience with him and the company?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 10:03:14 PM
Author: rbfloat81
For the person who mentioned Tim from GOG,... what has been your experience with him and the company?

I would do a search on here for GOG or Good Old Gold vendor reviews and see the reviews on here... many people have dealt with them, and posted about it.

Personally, I''ve only talked to John and Marie a few times. But had wonderful experiences both times. I have not bought from them-- but that''s because I''m terribly fickle and can''t make up my mind.
2.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
I know youve already been told, but I just wanted to chime in that I highly recommend Mark Turnowski. We live in FL and just bought my diamond from him. He found some that fit our requests and emailed up the GIA reports and he told us which preformed the best. We decided on our favorite and he sent it down so we could apove and it was PERFECT... and almost $1000 UNDER our orignal budget!

here''s a link to the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-my-lovely-cushion.56060/

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend just recently purchased my cushion from Adiamor.com and I love it! Their prices are good and I actually found this stone on JamesAllen.com first but it was also on Adiamor''s website for a few hundred less. James Allen does have pics on the website for quite a few of their stones, which is very helpful. My cushion is 1.05 Ideal cut I VVS2 with strong blue fluorescence and it was $3,300. I got it appraised earlier this week and it was appraised for $4,700! The customer service for Adiamor was great and I received my cushion the day after we ordered it. Uniondiamond.com also has a lot of cushions. I know how you feel about your head hurting with all the different choices! Keep looking, it will all be worth it in the end! Good luck and happy hunting!

Emily07

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 10:36:41 AM
Author: MMM
I know youve already been told, but I just wanted to chime in that I highly recommend Mark Turnowski. We live in FL and just bought my diamond from him. He found some that fit our requests and emailed up the GIA reports and he told us which preformed the best. We decided on our favorite and he sent it down so we could apove and it was PERFECT... and almost $1000 UNDER our orignal budget!

here''s a link to the ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-my-lovely-cushion.56060/
Wow! What a beautiful ring! If only I could have 1.71 carats of beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results