shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a diamond

nickgen

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

After nearly pulling the trigger and buying a diamond which I was led to believe was ideal cut, otherwise the case as pointed out by some very helpful PS members the search goes on:

I was hoping some of you guys could point me in the direction for a good diamond with these specs.

Color: G-H
Carat:1.25-1.4
Clarity: Si1 -Si2 (eye clean or able to hide little mark with setting)
Cut: Excellent ( This one is super important to me as I want the diamond to be very sparkly)
Fluor : Does not matter

Budget Up to 7.5k USD

Let me know what's around and what you would recommend.

Thanks guys

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
Hi there, have you considered buying a diamond through a reputable dealer. Often times when you buy a diamond on your own, the mark up is much higher if your not in the industry. I use a jeweler in Manhattan who also works as a wholesaler. As a wholesaler she can match and beat any price you find on the market on your own even with her markup included.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
xbeth04|1457024356|3999131 said:
Hi there, have you considered buying a diamond through a reputable dealer. Often times when you buy a diamond on your own, the mark up is much higher if your not in the industry. I use a jeweler in Manhattan who also works as a wholesaler. As a wholesaler she can match and beat any price you find on the market on your own even with her markup included.

No. This is a lie.

A wholesale cannot buy definition be a retailer. Wholesale prices are for volume and to the trade. Anyone who sells in single quanties to the public is A RETAILER.

So anyone claiming that they are a wholesaler while selling in single quantities to the public is LYING from the get go. That is not a "reputable dealer." That is a liar.

And this is shilling I suspect.

xbeth04

Rough_Rock
Hi, I respectfully disagree. Wholesalers and retailers in the diamond trade are often times the same person. The reason there is wholesale in the first place is in order to find the right stone for the right buyer. A wholesaler/retailer has access to discounts via rapnet and other business relationships that someone not in the trade doesn't have access to. So the smart money is often times to go through a private jewelry retailer who also wholesales in order to get the best price.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, but they still BUY wholesale and SELL retail.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy said:

No. This is a lie.

A wholesale cannot buy definition be a retailer. Wholesale prices are for volume and to the trade. Anyone who sells in single quanties to the public is A RETAILER.

So anyone claiming that they are a wholesaler while selling in single quantities to the public is LYING from the get go. That is not a "reputable dealer." That is a liar.

In Diamond industry wholesale price is not for volume quantity. Many online vendors and offline vendors buy from cutters in single quantity sometimes only once in their entire business relationship. The cutter is not retailing to the jeweller who is only buying single diamond.

I think it's not the quantity - but your position in the supply chain - that decides you are wholesaling or retailing. It's also the price - if you are getting something at a price the cutter or wholesaler would give it to the retailer - it should be a wholesale price.

However that often does not happen in real life - and that what causes the animosity - and understandably so.

But I can assure you it's not the quantity that defines a type of sale in diamonds.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy said:

No. This is a lie.

True on anyone selling to public is retailer. Not a wholesaler.

But the price can still be wholesale. (but it's usually not).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
gr8leo87|1457127676|3999934 said:
Gypsy said:

No. This is a lie.

True on anyone selling to public is retailer. Not a wholesaler.

But the price can still be wholesale. (but it's usually not).

Thank you for your correction. Interesting.

That said, in over 10 years here I can count on one hand the number of times one of these supposed wholesalers proved to have their clients best interest in mind, could offer pricing that was truly 'wholesale', and actually provided the stone offered and didn't pull a bait and switch.

Most of the vendors who advertise to be wholesalers and sell to the public are exactly the opposite of reputable and their prices are far from a 'deal'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results