shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a 5 yr anniversary upgrade and first time ring?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS! Have been trying to navigate the internet waters of loose diamond buying and figured I could ask you all for some guidance. I've never had an "engagement" ring, and we're coming up on our 5th year anniversary this year so we talked and hubby would like me to have a big sparkly to call my own. :dance:

My style is very basic so I would just like a plain solitaire, probably yellow gold. My budget is around $5000 USD, but we might squeek a little higher. I care not about color at all, I'd even be interested in diamonds with a brown modifier or in the cape range, really doesn't matter to me. I'm admittedly after size, and found a few around 2ct diamonds that are in the N-Q range, si-si2, with GIA excellent cuts. I know that they are probably far from pricescope standards, but the only other diamond I have ever had was a wonky oec and I loved it so so much, even with it's odd cut and quirkiness.

I contacted a couple vendors from the ps search function, and all stones I inquired about were already sold. I only know of one or two vendors that aren't listed on pricescopes search.

So really all I'm hoping for is around 2cts, any inclusions to be off to the side really.. and that's about it! Sparkly :angel: Does anyone have any suggestions?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Help me find a 5 yr anniversary upgrade and first time r

How exciting! I'd visit jewelsbygrace.com if you haven't already!!!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock

Thank you both! Oh I could just watch those spinning diamond videos all day..

Neither websites have anything in my price range, I definitely don't need the most perfect cut, but I did expand my search to other shapes other than round and found a few EC's and ovals that are in the running! I wish all websites had videos of the diamonds.

How about any of these? Apparently hubby would really like me to get one for Christmas :mrgreen:

#1 - I LOVE fluorescence and this one has it! Spoke to the vendor and this has twinning wisps as inclusions only.
screen_shot_2015-12-09_at_11.png

#2 - I feel like a newbie reading the comments on this one, and they have me a bit apprehensive.
screen_shot_2015-12-09_at_11_0.png
11_16.jpg

#3 - Internally flawless, whoa! Did not expect that in my budget.
screen_shot_2015-12-09_at_11_1.png

#4 - This one's a bit bigger than the EC's, and I did see a video of it, the inclusions are pretty well hidden in the facets.
screen_shot_2015-12-09_at_11_2.png
22_9.jpg

#5 - Saw a video of this one and there's one annoying inclusion in the middle, but the price is so great I could get a halo and really pump up the size..
screen_shot_2015-12-09_at_11_3.png
33_1.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/1-41ct-transitional-cut-diamond-ags-n-vs2/

OWD has too many to list. I found 29 between 1.4 carat and 1.97 for less than $6512. Most don't have photos so you'd need to call Adam if you go that way.

Wink has a 1.29 M VS2 for $5000

Diamond Zone on ebay (is this IDJ?) has a few. They might do a better price if you call them at their store rather than buying on ebay
www.ebay.com/itm/2-44ct-ANTIQUE-LARGE-OLD-EUROPEAN-CUT-LOOSE-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-VINTAGE-2-5-CARAT-/401038202927?hash=item5d5fbd582f
www.ebay.com/itm/2-05ct-VINTAGE-F-SI-ROUND-DIAMOND-ANTIQUE-OLD-EUROPEAN-MINE-CUT-2-CARAT-ART-DECO-/401038834173?hash=item5d5fc6f9fd
www.ebay.com/itm/2-CARAT-GIA-CERTIFIED-Si1-VERY-GOOD-CUT-ROUND-CHAMPAGNE-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-2CT-/401038834107?hash=item5d5fc6f9bb

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! I found one on OWD and emailed about it, we'll see what they say.

Anyone have thoughts on the ones I posted above?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results