shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi everyone,
which stone sounds better-
1.25 f vs2 H&A
table-57
depth- 60.6
crown angle- 34.9
pavillion angle- 40.9
girdle- 1.0- 1.4
symmetry- ID
polish- ID
score on HCA- 1.5
Price- 9720(minus 2% if wired)
OR
1.26 f vvs1 H&A
table- 56.4
depth- 60.9
crown angle- 34.3
pavillion angle- 40.8
girdle- 1.3
symmetry- excellent
polish- excellent
Price- 11177(wire)
Score on HCA- 0.9
Thanks in advance!
lickout.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both sound wonderful. I would save the extra money & get the less expensive stone. An HCA of 1.5 is very good. Check out my testimonial thread for DBOF. My stone is HCA 1.4, & the BScope is phenominal. The actual stone is mind blowing it sparkles every colour of the rainbow. Dont be afraid of the 1.5.

Judy
:)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, when I put in the crown and pavillion percentages, instead of angles, I get
an HCA of 0.9 on the first stone and 0.7 on the second stone.
Which is more accurate?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with CCU...save the $$ and get the first stone. Make sure to check the plot on the certificate to be sure that there are no red warning signs with the inclusions, but you should be fine with a VS2.

Also, angles are more accurate on the HCA than percentages because percentages are rounded when applied to the HCA for the most part. That leaves a big range of inaccuracy, while angles are the exact measurements, so those should be used. Of course using % usually gives a better score, but if you want an *accurate* score, use angles.

But the score looks great! I would not worry, they both sound great but don't waste your $$ on a VVS1...you won't be able to see the difference between the VS2 and VVS1 if the stone is well cut with no large inclusions.

Good luck!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Foloow Mara and CCU's advice and get the less expensive one. You won't notice a difference between VVS 1 and VS 2, and with the extra bucks you could get a beautiful setting. F is a beautiful color and will look very white
I'm sorry to say that angles are more accurate
2.gif
I just noticed that the first one is AGS certified... AGS is very strict in grading clarity and most probably your stone might be graded VS 1 by many other major labs.

Giangi
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results