shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose earring designs...take 2

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Some of you may remember my previous thread about earring designs for my niece. I'm working with a vendor to create some jewelry pieces for my nieces, make with the diamonds from my late mother's rings. Many of you were kind enough to give your input, and I thank you for that! Tacori-ering and one other person (I'm sorry, I've forgotten exactly who it was) suggested hoops might be a good option. I discussed that with my vendor, and he graciously provided me with a CAD of some hoop earrings.

So, the options are:

1. studs (these would be approximately 4.5mm, with the post in the middle)
2. french wires, with the bottom part looking just like the studs (sorry, I don't have a CAD of these)
3. hoops

Which would you choose for a 19 year old young woman, hoping that these earrings would be something she can treasure and wear for a long, long time?

Also, just for fun, I threw in a CAD of the pendant design for my older niece.

Thanks in advance for your help!

danielm studs2.jpg

danielm hoops2.jpg

Attachments

• danielm pendant2.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 607

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I voted studs originally, but now I like the hoops!
And the pendant is beautiful! I hope your nieces love their gifts!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I still vote studs!

That pendant is so unique! Your nieces are so lucky to have such a wonderful aunt! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the pendent.

You know, I think you might be my long lost aunt . . . :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ADORE ADORE ADORE that pendant. SO gorgeous.

I don't like hoops that aren't complete (in a circle) or with Omega backs as I nearly had my ear torn by getting my hair caught under a backpack when I wore a style like those in college.

I do think the stud design is a little old for a 19 year old though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think either of these is more youthful. I have earrings similar to the one with four diamonds and they are youthful, elegant and perfect for any occasion.

bloomingdales-diamond-earrings-diamond-cluster-earrings-set-in-14-kt-white-gold-030-ct-tw.jpg

images.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
hoops :bigsmile:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Hoops for me......

The studs just don't do it for me, somehow.

I LOVE the pendant! Wonderful design!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the three you posted, I've vote for the hoops.

I also love the ones Gypsy posted.

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
The hoops or either of the ones Gypsy posted.

And mark me down as another one that LOVES that pendant design.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Hands down, I vote for the studs.

And I agree, that pendant is gorgeous :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pendant is gorgeous - she's going to love it!!

Of those I vote hoops, but I prefer full rings too. I like the stud options Gypsy posted more - they do look more youthful, but still classic. The four-diamond studs Gypsy posted has much less metal, too, which should help immensely with the heft - the CADs look really heavy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 4 diamond stud design that Gypsy posted. I am pretty sure Tiffany has sold this design as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoops...but I do think full circle hoops would be easier to wear. Not sure if its in the budget though.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you set the bar pretty high for presents for you nieces; I was thinking a nice book or something for mine! :oops: I have picked out some akoya pearl necklaces for each of my nieces and will give them to the when they are bit older, maybe when they graduate from high school...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOOPS!!! :appl: I would not wear the first pair. They look too "young" to me. Hoops are classic and NEVER go out of style. I love the pendant.

ETA: you could always add metal on the back to make the hoops close which would be cheaper than using all diamonds.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Chloe, vc10um, iLander, Gypsy, minmin, happybear, Zoe, Posivitely Peanut, stargurl78, Yssie, diamondseeker2006, tyty333, and minous for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate your comments on the pendant design. I love it, but it's very affirming to me that you all like it, too. I hope it will be even more beautiful than the CAD.

Gypsy, thanks so much for taking the time to hunt down some other possible designs. I love both that you posted, especially the 4 diamond studs. I'm afraid, though, that since the diamonds I have to work with are so tiny, the earrings would be miniscule.

iLander, you made me laugh out loud!

Tyty333, as much as I'd like to, full hoops are not in the budget. The budget has already been stretched quite a bit. I could have saved some money by going with silver, but I felt these pieces were special enough to warrant white gold.

Tacori, hoops had never crossed my mind until you brought it up, so thank you!

Minous, I know, I hope I'm not setting a precedent here! But, this is a pretty special gift for some special girls. Your nieces will love the pearl pendants, that's such a thoughtful gift.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure about the earrings (some people are hoop people and some are stud - comes down to what your neice is)...but I wanted to say I LOVE the pendant!!! Great design.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
They're done! Here's a couple of the glamour shots of the pendant and earrings for my nieces. I'm pleased with how they turned out. I hope the girls will love them, and that they'll appreciate having something that was on their grandmother's hand for many, many years. Thanks to all of you who helped me!

pendant.2.jpg

earrings.2.jpg

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a special gift.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
they are gorgeous! What a special gift!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That pendant takes my breath away. I'm sure they will adore them!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad you did the hoops! :appl:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are beautiful! What special gifts!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
beautiful, they're gonna love 'em :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote hoops!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! Your niece will love them!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
MissStepCut, Bella_mezzo, chel180, tyty3333, thank you all so much for your kind comments. I'm so excited to give these to the girls, I feel like the designs are not so "old" looking that they can't wear them and enjoy them now, but they are classic enough that they'll hopefully enjoy them for a long, long time.

Gypsy, I had the same reaction when I saw the photo of the pendant!

Tacori, a special shout out to you, as you were the impetus to look into the hoops.

Amy's Bling, hoops it is!

Sparkly, I'm glad I went with the hoops, too. I talked it over with my sister-in-law (wanted to keep the design a surprise for the girls), and she thought my niece would like the hoops the best.

I can't help myself, here's a couple more pictures.

earrings5.jpg

pendant5.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your welcome. I hesitated bringing up hoops in your initial thread b/c I didn't want to be rude but figured honesty is the best policy and if you were uncertain with the stud design maybe you would be open to a totally different direction. Your niece is going to LOVE them. Please post some ear/neck shots!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're really pretty. What a special gift for your niece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results