carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between 2 WF finalists

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

I've narrowed down my search and am finally trying to decide between two WF RB diamonds. I was hoping to get some thoughts on which is a better choice without giving out too much information.

Diamond 1 - WF ACA
VS2
AGS 000
Fluorescence: none
Table: 55.5%
Depth: 61.8%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown Height: 15.4%
Pavilion Angle: 40.6
Pavilion Depth: 42.6%
Girdle: thin to slightly thick, faceted, 1.8% to 4.0%
Star Length: 51%
Lower Girdle Length: 78%
HCA: 0.8 excellent, excellent, excellent, very good

Diamond 2 - WF expert select
VS1
GIA xxx
Fluorescence: faint
Table: 55%
Depth: 62.5%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Girdle: medium to slightly thick, faceted, 4.0%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 75%
HCA: 1.4 excellent, excellent, excellent, very good

I know the ACA is going to be a great performer but it looks like the ES is pretty good as well?

The ES is about 0.3ct larger ... do you feel it's worthwhile to spend about $2,500 more for an increase in 0.5mm in size?

Which one would you buy?

Thank you in advance!

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Diamond 1 - WF ACA

1-image_1.jpg
1-idealscope_0.jpg
1-aset_0.jpg
1-hearts_0.jpg

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Diamond 2 - WF expert select

2-image_0.jpg
2-idealscope_1.jpg
2-aset_2.jpg
2-hearts_1.jpg

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Any takers? :pray:
This is for an E-ring if that matters.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What sizes are we talking here?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images are fine on both. But you left out one of the most important specs, and that is the diameter of the stones. The ES stone is slightly deep, so comparing diameter would be necessary for me to choose one over the other.

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
The ACA is 1.4ct and 7.16-7.17 x 4.43 while the ES is 1.74ct and 7.67-7.69 x 4.80. I did notice that the depth of the ES is not in the ideal range that most people talk about but it doesn't seem like the performance is greatly impacted because of that?

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would pick the larger one. 0.5 mm is a difference you will notice so to me it's worth the money, given they are the same color and both eye clean (they are both VS and images both look really clean).

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the ES. The size difference will be noticeable at this weight, and I think it looks like a lovely stone.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ES! Plus I like that it has some fluor.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, yes, the ES stone would be my choice! The diameter is not affected too much by the depth and the images are excellent. That amount of size difference is definitely very noticeable! You are getting greater size and a higher grade of clarity for that $2500.

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! I was leaning towards the ES but was a little concerned about the depth and any affects on performance. My girlfriend is pretty tiny ... I don't know her exact finger size but I think it's about 4.5 ... so either one would probably look pretty big on her. I ultimately wanted to get a stone with excellent performance but I didn't have to be perfectly perfect, a good looking second tier is fine especially since they're usually better values. I've read on other threads that WF has let in some dogs into the ES line so I wanted to make sure this one didn't appear to be one of them. Sounds like it should be a good performer!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I would definitely disagree with their being "dogs" in Expert Selection, but each stone does have to be evaluated individually. This stone has close to hearts and arrows precision, regardless. I do not believe you'd ever be able to tell the difference visually.

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
:angryfire:
Been in meetings all day and damn lurkers got to it.
:(

PolarBear2006

Rough_Rock
:lol: :lol: The ACA is still a very fine diamond, Better than 99% of what others would've chosen.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
shrnayku|1457983402|4005196 said:
:angryfire:
Been in meetings all day and damn lurkers got to it.
:(

You can contact WF to see what the situation is with the ES stone. I've seen cases before where the stone disappears from the search results only to appear a week or so later. Sometimes people put a deposit on stones and change their minds later.

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Yeah ... just my luck after several months of looking. Maybe I'll catch a break and it'll become available again. I know the ACA is going to be gorgeous and that WF has a great upgrade policy. But I also know my girlfriend would love whatever I get her and not want to change so I want to get her the right one now. Unfortunately I need to finalize it soon as I'm leaving to go see her overseas in about 2 weeks but that ACA just doesn't quite feel like it's the one. I don't know ... it's just a feeling and hard to put into words. If I don't propose during this trip, it'll be 6 months before I see her again and don't think I can wait that long. Just don't really know what to do right now. Between a diamond and hard place. Ha.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry. Diamonds do get taken by lurkers, but they have many customers who never read here, too, of course. I'll look and see what I can find.

Please tell me your budget. I really can't look without that.

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! My budget for the diamond is about $11k and I'm going to have it set in a very simple classic 6-prong. I was looking at those 2 WF diamonds because they looked like pretty good value/price for their respective sizes. I'm not opposed to higher colors (who wouldn't want that) but was mostly looking at J's to get a bigger diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I will look at I and J.

Be checking this thread because I will post in a couple of minutes on what I think the best choices are and you can call and reserve before they get taken!

shrnayku

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions ... I'll take a look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results