shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose an eternity band!

olympia776

Rough_Rock
So, I'm considering different eternity bands. There's a small chance I'll stack it with other rings but I'd like to be able to wear it on its own as well. Please pardon the links - I wanted you to see multiple pictures. HOWEVER, the bracelet sized pictures are a bit misleading esp for option B.

I've got two I'm trying to choose between and I'm not positive either is perfect:

Option A
This is a half eternity in white gold. In some ways I'd prefer a full eternity but this is a great price (or at least I think it is!) and I sometimes have to use my hands so I might wear this rather than my engagement ring on days that I'll be more active at work. I like that it has a nice presence on my hand. I somewhat dislike white gold - this appears to be yellowing and I really don't have much desire to have it plated. I've got some pieces surely with different alloys that don't have this problem.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200663167790?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Option B
This is a gorgeous and unique band. I love that it is a full eternity and that it is platinum. The stones are actually ovals which gives it a different look - very elegant. The definite down side is that it is on the petite side. For those in the know - do you think I ring could actually be 1 ctw and be a size 5 with 23 stones? I think the stones would have to be bigger for that. Additionally, another minus is that one of the stones is badly chipped. I'm not sure I'd want to put more $ into it to have that fixed (or if it would even be able to be easily fixed).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200663165777?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Option C
Keep looking - I really like the deco style of these kinds of rings. Although I do love the shared prong look of solid diamonds too. The chase and finding a great deal is like a sport to me :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360354657882?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Option a: Looks like it has nice bright stones, only downside is that it's not a full eternity
Option b: it looks bezeled? It would be more costly to replace the chipped stone due to this.
option C: hard to tell, but it looks like some of the stones are rather dark I have no idea if this is due to the picture taking skills of the seller or not.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the first two sold on October 13th! So maybe you need to start over?

olympia776

Rough_Rock
I happen to know the buyer well.

olympia776

Rough_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1319161337|3044571 said:
Option a: Looks like it has nice bright stones, only downside is that it's not a full eternity
Option b: it looks bezeled? It would be more costly to replace the chipped stone due to this.
option C: hard to tell, but it looks like some of the stones are rather dark I have no idea if this is due to the picture taking skills of the seller or not.

I think if B was much cheaper I'd keep it just because it's so different but the small size and chip are definitely not ideal. C was just an idea - I've not found one that I think it's perfect in this style. Do you think the price for A is good? The stones are definitely white and sparkly in real life if not of the highest clarity.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
To me, option A looks like a very nice price for the carat weight of the stones and the stones appear bright in the photos. It would be easy to resize, if necessary because it is not full eternity. As far as yellowing, it depends on your personal body chemistry as some people need to get their white gold dipped often and some people never have to get it dipped. Personally.. I've had a white gold ring for 4 years and it looks just as white as the day I got it.. but that might just be my personal body chemistry and how it reacts to the dip.

Option B looks very nice and is very unique, but due to the small size (I don't know what size you would need it to be) and the bezeled diamond that needs to be replaced it would probably not be worth it due to 1) possibly not being able to size it and 2) the cost of replacing the chipped stone as the cost would be for the labor itself not for the stone. If you needed it smaller, you could just do sizing beads, but going bigger will be an issue. For my personal tastes, this would be the best option (as I would have purchased this beauty myself) but due to your concerns I can only advise for your situation.

olympia776

Rough_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1319175317|3044679 said:
To me, option A looks like a very nice price for the carat weight of the stones and the stones appear bright in the photos. It would be easy to resize, if necessary because it is not full eternity. As far as yellowing, it depends on your personal body chemistry as some people need to get their white gold dipped often and some people never have to get it dipped. Personally.. I've had a white gold ring for 4 years and it looks just as white as the day I got it.. but that might just be my personal body chemistry and how it reacts to the dip.

Option B looks very nice and is very unique, but due to the small size (I don't know what size you would need it to be) and the bezeled diamond that needs to be replaced it would probably not be worth it due to 1) possibly not being able to size it and 2) the cost of replacing the chipped stone as the cost would be for the labor itself not for the stone. If you needed it smaller, you could just do sizing beads, but going bigger will be an issue. For my personal tastes, this would be the best option (as I would have purchased this beauty myself) but due to your concerns I can only advise for your situation.

Sorry, to clarify, the size of the diamonds is what was smaller than anticipated! The ring fits just fine. It just doesn't pop too much for me. I really love the look of it but I wanted a ring with some presence that could stand on its own. It would be great as a stacking band but it's a little meek on its own. I think I'm either going to keep A or keep looking.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, I see you were looking for a single stand alone band. In that case I think option A is the best candidate.

olympia776

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input! I think I'm going to hang on to A. It's probably not the end all be all it it's a nice little sparkler! I do have to use my hands so I suppose it's good to have a half eternity style for now. Especially if I'm wearing this rather than my engagement ring when I'm using my hands.

I was just reading a thread on thin rings and damage to rings and feel all the more confident that this ring will keep me satiated for a bit and a little more realistic since I do like to wear my rings a lot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results