shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a simple stacking ring

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Let me begin by saying that I'm mad at myself! I've been wanting to order one of the gold twist stackers that have become popular on here for a while now. I was planning to get one as an anniversary present (next week is our last dating anniversary before FI and I get married in September). And I just noticed that the price went up while I was procrastinating!

I really want to add a simple gold stacker to my set. I was thinking about this one that the lovely Haven has: rose gold twist band.

However, my set is white gold, so I'm indecisively waffling between mixing metals and keeping it uniform. Here's the white gold version: white gold twist band.

I'll attach a terrible cell phone picture of my wedding set.

What do the PS'ers think? I was really hoping to keep this under $100, but while I was procrastinating, the rings I had in mind went from being comfortably under budget to being $10 over!

Do you like the rose or white gold twist options? Or do you have any other ideas? I really just want a thin, simple band to stack with my set.

As an aside, my ancient train case finally gave up the ghost this weekend. I may have to opt for a new one instead of a stacking ring, but I'm hoping that FI will understand that I need both. :)

IMAG0038.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think you should keep it all one color. Because you are putting so much variety into the mix with the different styles, having all one color will keep it unified.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the rose gold twist and set it in between the your engagement and wedding rings - I think contrast is the way to go!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
heraanderson|1309917538|2962423 said:
I think you should keep it all one color. Because you are putting so much variety into the mix with the different styles, having all one color will keep it unified.

Ditto!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I love the mix of the two metals so mu vote would be for a rose gold twist.
:bigsmile:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
I love Haven's rose twist band!!! :love:

I actually messaged the Esty maker to ask if she makes rose and white gold twist band (combined). She hasn't replied back though.

It would depend on your ring - is your diamond more white or warmer?
Would the rose gold make the diamond more warm looking if it's already warm?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a big fan of mixing colours so I vote for the white gold one.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I really love the rose gold! Maybe your FI will get you the other one for your first wedding anniversary and then you can have both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1309922015|2962469 said:
heraanderson|1309917538|2962423 said:

Ditto!

tritto...the interest lies in the different textures...Maybe save the rose gold for a RHR in the future?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your thoughts, everyone! Seems like opinion is mixed here, just like in my head! :) The logical solution is to buy one now, and the other a little later after we've moved and settled, right?

Diva, you'll have to let me know what she says about the band you messaged about! My diamond is a G color, so it's definitely on the white side.

Purse lover, I love the way you think! I actually am hoping to upgrade my diamond next year by our first wedding anniversary. I'm going to be a little greedier than a stacking band for that. :naughty: Of course, with the diamond prices skyrocketing like they are, who knows what we'll be able to afford then.

Also, FI has informed me that he wants an xbox for our anniversary. So I definitely think I should get the ring and a new train case. :cheeky:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Personally I'd love to see your set with rose gold mixed in. I think it'd be stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results